Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Metal brackets for 1515 extrusion?

Posted by AlexY 
Metal brackets for 1515 extrusion?
June 23, 2015 12:53PM
Hi,
I'm currently in the process of designing a CoreXY printer made out of Misumi 1515 extrusions. I've created a prototype that uses 3D-printed corner brackets, but frame rigidity still seems to be an issue.

Misumi offers metal corner brackets for their 2020 extrusions, but I haven't seen anything similar for the 1515 size. Does anyone know whether these brackets are available for the smaller extrusions? I'd like to replace the printed brackets with something stiffer to make the frame less wobbly.
Re: Metal brackets for 1515 extrusion?
June 25, 2015 06:50AM
AlexY
Hi,
I'm currently in the process of designing a CoreXY printer made out of Misumi 1515 extrusions. I've created a prototype that uses 3D-printed corner brackets, but frame rigidity still seems to be an issue.

Misumi offers metal corner brackets for their 2020 extrusions, but I haven't seen anything similar for the 1515 size. Does anyone know whether these brackets are available for the smaller extrusions? I'd like to replace the printed brackets with something stiffer to make the frame less wobbly.

What shape are your brackets? I use plates on the sides and they seem fairly rigid 20x20x590DegreeCornerPlate.stl.
June 25, 2015 12:05PM
I use 90 degree brackets that fit inside the corner, similar to [www.thingiverse.com]. The brackets are reasonably rigid right now but still allow for vibration when the printer is printing at high speeds.
June 29, 2015 08:23AM
You could supplement them with plates like mine to add stiffness where required - if you need more rigidity use two bolts per side and make them 80mm x 80mm which will be much stiffer than what you have.
July 03, 2015 11:26PM
Alright, I'll try that, thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login