Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Modify Prusa Wilson TS to use Vslot

Posted by usarmyaircav 
Modify Prusa Wilson TS to use Vslot
August 15, 2014 01:28PM
Hi all,
This is going to be my first build. I will am going to build the Prusa Wilson TS variant. I will build it following the instructions, but I want to incorporate the Open Builds Vslot for at least the X, and possibly the Y and Z.

Can someone point me in the direction of what I need to do to either design new printed parts that will hold the Vslot extrusions, or modify the original builders stl files?
Re: Modify Prusa Wilson TS to use Vslot
August 16, 2014 10:32AM
Taking a look at the Wilson TS you're going to have to do more than just redesign the part you want to change. It looks like things were fit to be compact so things will have to be moved around to adjust for the different positions [although more compact since it's frame/linear motion in one]. I don't see a way out of redesigning the whole thing. I've been thinking about designing variants for a lot of the common designs to accommodate the V-Slot since I've been asked by multiple people about it. Maybe you can help me out with the Wilson "VS." I had things pop up this weekend, but I'll definitely take a look into making a design. You could make it easier on me by collecting any full build CAD renderings so I'm not re-piecing the entire design.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Re: Modify Prusa Wilson TS to use Vslot
August 16, 2014 12:00PM
Out on Marty Rice's github - [github.com] He has all the stl files, along with scad files. Do want me to email them. Do you have the open builds cad files?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login