Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Open beam printer

Posted by xsmarty 
Open beam printer
January 19, 2014 05:32AM
Hi All,

I have been working on a printer since the end of october and thought I would share it with you
The printer uses 10meters of openbean with printed corners etc and 1204 ballscrews for the z axis,
I had hoped that smoothie boards would be available by the time I was ready for electronics but have since gone with a rumba board and solidstate realy for the heatbed, I hope you all like what I have been working on

All files for it are on thingiverse
Re: Open beam printer
January 19, 2014 06:52AM
January 20, 2014 04:10PM
I have uploaded to youtube a short video of the printer working

First print after basic calibration
February 03, 2014 05:15AM
I just spotted your pinter by searching open beam. I was thinking about building another printer and I like this concept. I think you have done a great job and am thinking about building one to go with my Tantillus for the bigger prints. I really like how simple and clean it looks.

Assuming you have run it in quite well now is there anything you would change or are there limitiations that you have discovered? I am keen to hear how its running.

Cheers
February 13, 2014 02:44PM
Looks good man.
February 16, 2014 07:22PM
Robonz,

Im really happy with the printer, the biggest change's that im doing is a move to an all metal coldend (bullgox xl) as the mk8 drive gear airtripper isnt giving the results that I wanted, and im going to encluse the printer with some polycarb sheeting either clear or white smiling smiley
Also I have half finished cad designs on a conversion to corexy which might be interesting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login