Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Dual-Struder Fabricator

Posted by smartroad 
My Dual-Struder Fabricator
June 24, 2013 07:31AM
Thought I would share my work so far. I have been building my own design of fabricator using 20mm extruded aluminium. I wanted to make the printer so it uses the maximum number of printed parts while using the minimum number of tools to build it. So far all I have used are 2 different hex keys and a set of pliers. The axis' all clip over their linear bearings and seem more than tight enough.

I will be ordering motors and electronics tomorrow (yay payday!) then extruder next month. So by this weekend it should be able to move under its own power.

I have been recording progress on my blog:
[fabing3d.wordpress.com]

and the parts are up on Thingiverse along with the draft beginnings of a manual:
[www.thingiverse.com]

Eventually I want to get the parts on GitHub but am having issues with software not running.
Re: My Dual-Struder Fabricator
July 02, 2013 06:38PM
Nice one, although I have no interest in Dualstruders, I like your build a lot. Nice build log also! Thanks for sharing smiling smiley
July 07, 2013 04:30AM
Thanks!

Once I have it up and running I have plans to design a single extruder which would reduce the size of the X Axis and going the other way with a tri-extruder which will use bowden tubes for the 2nd and 3rd extruders.

I now have the machine moving: [www.youtube.com] if anyone is interested to see.

Again I have a wait until payday to be able to buy the extruder hardware and heated bed.
July 10, 2013 09:06AM
I am now on GitHub which has all the current working models

[www.github.com]
September 06, 2013 10:29AM
Hi,

I'm very interested in your build and actually I've ordered the structural elements.

Thanks a lot man!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login