Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cast Prusa Mendel Parts - Stratasys molds - $65 undrilled / $90 drilled. We ship int'l

Posted by riboflavin 
Hello everyone,

I've posted here only a couple of times before (mostly here: [forums.reprap.org]), but I'm offering a set of poured resin (Smooth-On 326) Prusa Mendel parts for $65 without holes drilled, or $90 drilled (metric only). The molds are made from parts printed on a Stratasys machine.

I'm selling them through eBay here, drilled and undrilled. (I also sell them through my shop - you'll need to order there if you want international shipping). I've included lots of pictures at both of those listings.

Returns cheerfully accepted within a reasonable timeframe smiling smiley The turnaround time for orders will be about 2 weeks, possibly faster.

I'd love to answer any questions, or feel free to message me if interested. Thanks so much!

--
Justin Dunham
http://justindunham.net

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 06:01PM by riboflavin.
Attachments:
open | download - sm1.jpg (290.2 KB)
open | download - sm2.jpg (201.9 KB)
open | download - sm3.jpg (201.3 KB)
Re: Poured Resin Prusa Mendel Parts - $65 / $75 drilled
June 24, 2011 02:47PM
Hello everyone,

Just to further allay any concerns about whether I am offering legitimate parts (though note that I am also not asking for payment upfront), here's a "placemat photo".

If there's anything else I can do or other questions I can answer, please let me know!

Thanks,
Justin

June 26, 2011 09:32PM
I'll try them out. I placed an order for them through your shop. Don't let me down. winking smiley
June 27, 2011 07:46PM
Wonderful, thanks! Please check your email smiling smiley

For everyone else, please also note that I've added the drill guide that I use (which is color-coded) to the Clonedel page, in case that's helpful for anyone else looking to do this. Note that mine is the *second* set of instructions, i.e. the color-coded ones, beneath the main set.

Justin
June 28, 2011 05:19AM
These look very nice! I've already to decided to get my plastic parts elsewhere but I love to see see vendors offering them at a low price! so good luck to you!
June 30, 2011 12:50PM
KludgeGuru,

I just responded to your status update request - hope you received the email, but if not, parts should ship on Saturday and include the Wade's Extruder parts. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Justin
July 01, 2011 03:40PM
Hi!

I'm new on this.

I would like to buy a prusa mendel kit from your shop. Could you please explain me which difference there is between metric and SAE. I'm from Spain, how long time would take the delivering? Which is the shipping cost?

Thank for your response.
July 01, 2011 04:00PM
Metric/SAE conversions - YOU want Metric!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
July 03, 2011 01:19PM
It would be possible send it to Spain? Thanks
July 03, 2011 01:28PM
I'd be happy to, but please note that I don't sell a complete kit - I'm only selling the plastic parts for now, which are about 30% of what you need.

If you're interested in a complete kit, I can recommend TechZoneCommuncations at [www.techzonecom.com], as well as MakerGear at www.makergear.com. There are also lots of local suppliers in Europe - I don't know the names of any off the top of my head, but I would definitely suggest looking there for either plastic parts, or complete kits as you'll probably save hassle and money. A quick Google or look through the RepRapWiki should get you the info you're looking for.

If after all that, you'd still like to place an order, feel free smiling smiley Thanks.
July 04, 2011 03:42AM
I'm really interested in these plastic parts you're offering; but I notice your ebay page says you ship to the US-only - I'm in the UK so this is obviously a problem.. I just sent you an order through your polytempo shop. :-)
July 06, 2011 05:22PM
Alex,

Great! Thanks for your order. These will ship tomorrow, and I'll accept your payment and send you a status update then.

(PS - KludgeGuru - hoping you got the tracking number I sent out on Saturday. I'm hoping you'll enjoy the parts, but if you're dissatisfied for any reason, please contact me through the Polytempo shop and we'll arrange a quick replacement or refund. Thanks!)
July 08, 2011 01:54PM
I have received your messages, thanks! According to the tracking number I will either receive the parts today or tomorrow. I'm looking forward to start building my Reprap. If they look good I'll give you a good review on here winking smiley

Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do for the electronics...I'm leaning towards building my own from scratch, I guess once I get the machine built I'll figure the electronics out.
Justin,
Heavily considering your kit. What resin are you using?

Thanks,
Jon
July 13, 2011 11:43AM
Hey Jon,

Sorry for the delay in response. We're using Smooth-on 326 at the moment.

Please note, by the way, that we're only selling the plastic parts at the moment (not a full kit). Sounds as if you may already know this, but I just want to be clear so you know what you're getting smiling smiley

Thanks,
Justin
July 13, 2011 12:58PM
Received my parts today, thanks Justin. :-)

I hope to begin assembly shortly.
July 13, 2011 01:04PM
I received my parts last Saturday. They look really good. I did have to do some small modifications to some of the parts but most of them fit pretty well.
July 13, 2011 11:36PM
Really appreciate the positive comments - thanks so much for ordering!
July 16, 2011 08:32PM
I am thinking of ordering these, but is there someone who could "hold my hand" and tell me what else I need and what exactly to order? I am overwhelmed with the amount of and variations of parts, etc. I would appreciate a list and a recommendation of what and where to by.
July 17, 2011 07:11PM
Lukea,

Since you sound as if you may be new to this (apologies if not), I would actually recommend to you that you buy a complete kit, rather than what I sell, which is just the plastic parts. More experienced builders will know where to source each set of components for the printers, but if you're first-time builder it's probably better, if a bit more expensive, to have someone else do that sourcing for you.

Does this make sense? I mentioned a couple of full-kit sources that I can recommend upthread. If you decide you do want to go piecemeal, you could try this page: http://repraplogphase.blogspot.com/2011/01/cheap-skates-guide-to-510ish-mendel-360.html or some of the Wiki pages will also be helpful. Some other folks may come in to post in more detail as well.
July 17, 2011 07:14PM
Just FYI for readers, I had to raise the price a bit ($90 for the drilled parts, $70 for undrilled). Sorry about that - as far as I can tell there's no way for me to fix the subject line of the thread but am happy to do so if I can just figure out how...
July 18, 2011 12:09AM
Yep. I am totally a noob smiling smiley I decided to get a few sample parts done to see if this is what I need. Thanks for your reply.
July 24, 2011 07:36AM
riboflavin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry about that - as far as I can
> tell there's no way for me to fix the subject line
> of the thread but am happy to do so if I can just
> figure out how...

Just edit your first post and you should be able to change the subject line. That's how you see some that say [SOLD] at the end.
Thanks a lot, Greg - I updated with the new pricing. Appreciate the help!

Justin
Hey riboflavin,

are you still doing these kits. If so I'd like to order one... but your ebay says it's been pulled... or are you selling something similar. I'm after Prusa Mendel (RepRap) Parts - Drilled.
Or
know where I can get a set from? It's hard to find sellers!!!

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login