Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[NL - Worldwide Shipping] Printing Parts of Your Choosing In Any Color

Posted by Lodorenos 
[NL - Worldwide Shipping] Printing Parts of Your Choosing In Any Color
August 15, 2012 07:04PM
Hello community members,

I sell parts printed on my Prusa Mendel, but I handle things a little differently than other sellers. Please read on to see what I mean.

You, the buyer, chooses ANY color filament from ANY seller in the world in the color of your choosing. You want a glow in the dark Prusa Mendel i2? You can have that. Or maybe you want a golden MendelMax? You can get that as well.

Post here or PM me which color you want as well as which printer you are building and give me a link to the sales page of that particular filament. Be sure to be specific on things such as whether you want PLA bushings or linear bearings.

Instead of having to spend $70+ on printed parts, you just choose a filament and cover me for the costs of that filament + shipping of the parts to your location.

For example, it takes around 500g (1.10231) of material to print all the plastic parts of a Prusa Mendel Iteration 2, so you would need to chose a filament amount of 500g+ in order for me to be able to make the printed parts for you. I would recommend choosing a supplier located in The Netherlands to minimize shipping costs (I get my filament from reprapworld.com). So say you wanted a PINK Prusa Mendel because pink is a REAL MAN's color. The price listed for 1Kg of pink PLA is €19.62 with tax included, and a shipping charge of €6.75. This brings the total price for the filament to €26.37. Typically, shipping from The Netherlands to the USA is $15-$20 for 500-1000g, so adding that in to the total costs (a euro being worth 1.2289USD currently), the TOTAL price for printed parts in your preferred color is only $52.41.

I hope I make my idea for this type of sale clear, as I haven't seen anyone else do so yet. If you want to start type of sale for yourself, by all means go ahead, I won't have hurt feelings. smiling smiley

To recap, here is what will happen if you choose to use my service:

1. Choose your preferred printer (MendelMax, Prusa, or even Darwin)
2. Find a filament you like from a Dutch company (to save you shipping, if you want to get some magical filament from the middle of Mexico, you go right ahead.)
3. Inform me of your choice, tell me any options you wish to have (bushings, bearings, modified parts from Thingiverse, etc.)
4. I will calculate the total price of the filament + S&H of the parts to wherever you live.
5. You can choose whether or not the price I give you is what you want to spend, but please note I don't make a single penny from this, I just want more people in this community to have a working machine.
6. You will pay me that amount using PayPal, iDeal, or any other payment method of your choosing.
7. I will order the filament and print your parts as soon as the filament arrives.
8. I will give you pictures of the finished prints. If you decide the parts are not to your liking, I will refund you what you paid.
9. If you approve, I will ship the items well packaged and with a tracking number. If you wish to have them as soon as possible, you can choose to have them shipped overnight via FedEx or UPS, but that would obviously cost you exta.
10. You get the parts, and everyone is happy.

So for less than most parts purchasable on EBay, you can have your own custom color. If you want to have two colors, such as dark blue structure parts and a yellow extruder, I can do that as well.

Please let me know what you think of this sales format, it will let more people afford a RepRap in a color they love.

--

Charles S.
Software Engineer
Prusa Mendel I2, RAMPS 1.4, Marlin 1.0 R2, Pronterface, Slic3r
Re: [NL - Worldwide Shipping] Printing Parts of Your Choosing In Any Color
August 16, 2012 06:10AM
Nice idea, but you should ask for a security margin of filament quantity.

Let's say you have a large plate print fail due to power issues, you would now have to buy more of the same filament and pay it out of your own pocket - not cool.

Better get some extra filament at first, and keep it for you own use if all goes well - you'd desserve it anyway winking smiley

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
August 16, 2012 07:39AM
my thoughts exactly grinning smiley would do the same 500 gr per set buy me a kilo and i use the 500 gr leftover
August 16, 2012 09:59AM
Thanks for pointing that out. I think having a minumum of 1Kg should be fine incase something goes wrong (power outage? In The Netherlands? Hasn't happened in years.) unless people want a multicolored machine, in which 2 spools of 500g would be enough to cover the parts.

--

Charles S.
Software Engineer
August 21, 2012 11:25AM
@Lodorenos I have sent you a pm message. do you have time this week to print the parts? thanks.
Hi,

Are you interested in printing a kit for a Rostock Delta robot 3D printer (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17175 - The [www.thingiverse.com] parts)? I don't have any notion of how much PLA you'd need.
August 23, 2012 07:12AM
Hello Flink,

Please register on the forums and send me a PM.

I look forward to hearing from you.

--

Charles S.
Software Engineer
August 25, 2012 07:11PM
I like your idea very much.

I am probably going to take you up on your offer. I am interested in a Prusa iteration 2.
But first I have to stop being so confused about the BOM. Everyone says they sell parts for Prusa It.2 but say they require LM8UU bearings? And of course I have to decide about the color(s)!

Thanks for doing this.

P.S.: Do you print both PLA/ABS and what filament do you use 3mm/1.75mm?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2012 07:18PM by imargonis.
August 29, 2012 03:11AM
PLA or ABS? 3mm or 1.75mm?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2012 08:31PM by Dax420.
September 08, 2012 02:29PM
Has anyone been able to get in contact with Lodorenos regarding this offer?
September 15, 2012 02:30AM
@Lodorenos - any news? I have left you few messages on PM...
September 18, 2012 09:43AM
Hello,
i have 2 news for you, a good and a bad.

The good news : Lodorenos is still alive. He read this forum yesterday 09/17 at 06:22PM

And the bad : he does not waste his time to read private messages. The message i send to him on 09/14 is still "unread".

What to do with him (an my "order") ?

Regards

Jacques
October 02, 2012 11:55AM
Hallo Herr Charlie R.,

Ihre Idee ist sehr gut. / Your idea is very good.
Meine Wünsche: / My wishes:
Mendelmax 1.5 Motor unten. / Mendelmax 1.5 motor down.
Farbe bitte in schwarz und in ABS. / Please in black color and in ABS.
Für Kugellager 608ZZ und LM8UU. / For ball bearings 608ZZ and LM8UU.
Zahlung per PayPal. / Payment by PayPal.
Versand bitte normal. / Shipping please normally.

Kann leider kein Englisch oder Niederländisch. Daher kurze Sätze. Ich meine es nicht unhöflich. / Unfortunately can not speak English or Dutch. Therefore, short sentences. I'm not being rude.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
hjia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2012 11:59AM by hjia.
Hallo Herr Charlie R.,

Ihre Idee ist sehr gut. / Your idea is very good.
Meine Wünsche: / My wishes:
Mendelmax 1.5 Motor unten. / Mendelmax 1.5 motor down.
Farbe bitte in schwarz und in ABS. / Please in black color and in ABS.
Für Kugellager 608ZZ und LM8UU. / For ball bearings 608ZZ and LM8UU.
Zahlung per PayPal. / Payment by PayPal.
Versand bitte normal. / Shipping please normally.

Kann leider kein Englisch oder Niederländisch. Daher kurze Sätze. Ich meine es nicht unhöflich. / Unfortunately can not speak English or Dutch. Therefore, short sentences. I'm not being rude.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
hjia
October 26, 2012 06:05PM
Shame it be cheap to get my parts the way he suggested but seems hes fallen of the planet forum
hi

i'm french and interested by building my own reprap
is it possible for you to send parts in france. as i'm a reprap newbie, is it possible to have some help by mp (for electronic and computer configuration and software).

i'm afraid that good link in french are very hard to find sad smiley
December 20, 2012 08:46AM
elicend,

J'ai peur que Lodorenos ne soit plus disponible.

Si tu n'es pas trop pressé d'avoir tes pièces, contactes-moi. Et pour l'aide tu peux poster dans le forum francophone [forums.reprap.org]

Tu es où en France ?

--------

Translation for people not reading french :

elicend, I'm afraid lodorenos is no longer available.

If you're not hurried to get your parts, contact me. And as for getting help, you can post in the french spoken section.

Where are you located in France ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
salut

merci pour ta réponse, je suis en région parisionne, et j'ai aussi pas mal de déplacement en région lyonnaise!

Je vais regarder vers le lien que tu me proposes, mais comme c'est pour du loisir, je ne suis pas pressé, et j'ai beaucoup de questions winking smiley

for english speakers:
Thanks for the answer, i'm living near paris and i've got a lot of work travels around Lyon.
I'm going to watch your link, as it is for hobby, i'm not hurry and i've got a lot of questions.

thanks!!
beste

aangezien jij ook uit Nederland komt doe ik het maar in het Nederlands.
ik ben aan het kijken of ik ook een 3d printer wil gaan maken maar ik weet nog niet wat precies welk model enzo
ook omdat de koste en spec. een beetje onduidelijk lijken naar mijn mening.
zou jij me kunnen helpen ??

alvast bedankt
Hello,

I´m Célio Mateus from Portugal and would like to know the price for the parts of a REPRAP Mendel in regular black, please. With shipping to Portugal, of course.

Awaiting your reply,

Célio Mateus
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login