Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone here worked with Articulated Robots?

Posted by picthings 
Has anyone here worked with Articulated Robots?
January 29, 2015 02:46AM
I am trying to find a sub-group of roboticists here who are new to robotics, maybe we can throw ideas around or discuss projects and other cool stuff. I have started working with Articulated Robots I am facing problems with the harmonic drives. a random arm just collapses out of no where. any suggestions how to fix this?
Re: Has anyone here worked with Articulated Robots?
January 29, 2015 12:23PM
No experience here, but definitely an interest in printing and building a 3DOF hexapod or quadruped. Trouble finding simple beginners tutorials and firmware for inverse kinematics and movement. Well, that and I am still trying to get my 3D printer working so I can build the frame.

However, I am wondering if your issue is power related and your servos / drives are experiencing brownouts. Double check your power requirements and make sure your power supply is strong enough.

I am not familiar with harmonic drives. If you were using simple hobby servos though, I would imagine the PWM signal is getting cut off. Without a constant signal to set the angle, the servo resets to the default. Perhaps your microcontroller can only maintain so many PWM signals at once.
December 07, 2015 08:21AM
Hello there! I'm doing this for a living - 6DOF articulated robots. Also, my PhD Thesis is about SCARA type robots. What do you want to know? Notice that the theory about Robots is actually pretty big stuff - there are many books with mechanics, electronics and software.
Best regards,
Bobby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 08:22AM by BoByS.
March 02, 2016 08:53AM
poppy is a good project but expensive

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login