Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dedicated Robotics Forum!

Posted by DaveR 
Dedicated Robotics Forum!
January 11, 2010 05:12PM
Robotics sounds like an excellent idea. I've been interested in building something like that. However, I've just got a little bit of work left on my RepRap first...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2010 05:45PM by SebastienBailard.

---
Reprapping blog and other rants: [renoirsrants.blogspot.com]
My Reprap: [sites.google.com]
Re: Dedicated Scans forum, dedicated CAD / Modeling
January 11, 2010 05:45PM
3----- 3----- EDIT: Thread Fork -----E -----E

I also want to create a robotics forum. Is anyone making robots with their RepRaps or is it to early to give it a dedicated forum? Still too early, or does that mean we should start a forum and incubate things like RepRobo-One, a one-foot (30mm) tall bipedial robot? Or RepRex, a quadrupedal robot.

What do people think, does that sound cool?

3----- 3----- EDIT: Thread Fork (This post came before DaveR's comment.) -----E -----E

Let's start digging up the cool stuff we can do, and incubate the idea. A good starting point is here:

[www.robots-dreams.com]
Re: Dedicated Robotics Forum!
January 21, 2010 12:05AM
Here's a fun page:
[www-cdr.stanford.edu]
January 21, 2010 02:47AM
That page reminds me of these talks by Robert Full:
[www.ted.com]
[www.ted.com]
January 21, 2010 06:29AM
I'll take a look. I really want to engage the robot hobbyist community especially RoboOne, which hasn't taken off over here in North America.

But I'm currently busy with admin duties and then bringing Eiffel/RBS into existence, and I don't have the time to design up a robot biped, quadraped, or even a simple line follower.
January 24, 2010 12:17PM
SebastienBailard Wrote:
> Is anyone
> making robots with their RepRaps or is it to early
> to give it a dedicated forum? Still too early, or
> does that mean we should start a forum and
> incubate things like RepRobo-One, a one-foot
> (30mm) tall bipedial robot? Or RepRex, a
> quadrupedal robot.
>
> What do people think, does that sound cool?

Building robots is the whole point of why i'm building a Rep(ST)Rap, and is a good idea to have a separate forum for it.
ThingiVerse has got some good plans already for various robots that can be printed
January 24, 2010 07:02PM
So I've heard. (The RepRap user-developer community and websites are a little forked right now. We're working on it.)

Anything new you want to design? I'm thinking about sparking off a RepRap Robo-One working party.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
January 24, 2010 11:53PM
I created the working party thread, and we'll see what comes of it smiling smiley

Folk are free to create new threads in this forum for dedicated robot types, robot competitions, etc. Working partiessmileys with beer , cool links, and discussion.
December 01, 2010 12:43PM
I have worked for a summer robotics camp for the past few summers. And recently I have been searching the web for helpful forums and cool links for students that pertain to robotics.

I found a cool one today: robotbox.net. It is almost like a facebook for robot users.

Does anyone else have any cool links or resources?

Robo Rob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login