Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Open Letter of Gratitude

Posted by Rossos 
Open Letter of Gratitude
March 14, 2018 05:53AM
Dear RepRap Community,

I just made my very first 3D FDM Printer from scratch.
It would not have been possible without RepRap.org.
I would like to thank ALL who contributed to RepRap community. The countless information I could find both on Wiki and Forums answered a lot of my questions and helped me made design decision along the way.
My main objective at the beginning of this project was to make a 3D printer without having to rely on another 3D printer (aka no 3D printer parts).
I started this project around Christmas holidays of 2017. And now around two months later I made my first print the other day.
Below you can see the printer in all it's glory and it's very first print - the Benchy. As well as a timelapse I have made here.

If there is an interest of the whole journey of the project I can share that too!

Thank you ALL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2018 06:06AM by Rossos.
Re: Open Letter of Gratitude
March 14, 2018 06:54AM
Great stuff!
I love pragmatism! The extruder is awesome. Your results are better than some of my first prints with 1000€ printers grinning smiley
VDX
March 14, 2018 10:22AM
smileys with beer

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
DLF
March 15, 2018 05:41AM
Great job and a good looking machine!

Lets hear what you plan om doing next? It never stops with the first machine grinning smiley
March 15, 2018 01:26PM
Thank you all for such warm and positive responses!

o_lampe
Great stuff!
I love pragmatism! The extruder is awesome. Your results are better than some of my first prints with 1000€ printers grinning smiley

Haha, yeah! The extruder on it's own captures the essence of the whole build in my opinion. Literally hand-made.

VDX
smileys with beer

Cheers to you too good sir! smileys with beer

DLF
Great job and a good looking machine!

Lets hear what you plan om doing next? It never stops with the first machine grinning smiley

Glad to hear you like the overall looks! At the moment the build is as bare-bone as possible, only the essential stuff.
What I am planning on doing next? Um... well... printing myself some upgrades! The list of essentials is already populated with proper Extruder (probably Wade's geared one), part cooling fan, and most likely a mount for an inductive sensor for that sweet mesh bed leveling. I am not done with this one to even consider another build yet. Future will tell! grinning smiley
May 23, 2018 12:54AM
nice design. indeed this community is one of the top

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login