Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Make XZ ...thanks to all the community of reprap

Posted by MaurinoWeb 
Make XZ ...thanks to all the community of reprap
September 24, 2017 12:48PM
This 3d printer is our first open source project, and we are very happy with this! (Sorry my but English)

Thanks to all the community of reprap.

Make XZ can replicate most of its components, it has native support for the second X carriage, X modules, easy closure, etc ..

The Make XZ reprap page is work in progress, if you want to read the full page go to github or on the site www.3dingegno.com

Below some pictures, but they are too dark:

Here's the first prototype, soon photos with all the changes made

See you soon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2017 12:50PM by MaurinoWeb.
Attachments:
open | download - 3d-printer-make-xz-3d-front.jpg (54.9 KB)
Re: Make XZ ...thanks to all the community of reprap
September 29, 2017 06:28AM
The first FreeCAD video of the Make XZ

[www.youtube.com]
September 30, 2017 08:31AM
Who cares? Try advertising somewhere else.
September 30, 2017 11:25AM
cwaa

I was hoping for a constructive comment confused smiley

I think it's the right section to share a reprap project.

A greeting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2017 11:26AM by MaurinoWeb.
October 03, 2017 04:15AM
cwaa

The OP said it was all Open Source. These are the RepRap forums and this is a true RepRap printer. So where better to share it with the community?
If you follow the links you'll see that they have published all the printable files and documentation so that anyone can make one. He has gone to a lot of time and effort to freely share his ideas and deserves credit not derision.

The RepRap project is all about people sharing ideas and if I was moderating these forums, I'd immediately remove your post. It's people like you that have stopped me from actively participating in these forums like I used to. Go troll somewhere else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2017 04:16AM by deckingman.
October 03, 2017 11:42AM
October 03, 2017 03:55PM
Thanks a lot deckingman and complements for your work (I have a look winking smiley )
Thanks also to you lukaCX

We are working hard...

We designed a printable Z probe with a theoretical precision of 0.02 mm (in the worst case and high temperature), all depends on the first test results (still in modeling).
It can be used on any type of bed and has a small mounting diameter 8mm .
A small servo is used to activate and deactivate z probe, but does not affect the precision of the probe.

I hope to continue without problems... still a few days and I share this;-)

PS: sorry for bad english

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2017 03:58PM by MaurinoWeb.
October 03, 2017 05:08PM
Thanks for sharing. I'm designing my own printer. Much less organized at this point, but I hope to come up with something I can give back to the reprap community myself at some point.
October 04, 2017 04:09AM
obelisk79
Thanks for sharing. I'm designing my own printer. Much less organized at this point, but I hope to come up with something I can give back to the reprap community myself at some point.

Good man. Let's hope the trolls stay under the bridge when you do share.
October 04, 2017 08:22AM
On the Design, would it be better without the flying buttresses & extra's that arent doing much & a little fiddly to do, better to stiffen the Z joint, I got some extra big corner joiners, and even though I dont need them as my profile joins different to the way most people are doing it, they make for a really strong corner especially if using 2.
October 04, 2017 01:20PM
MechaBits
On the Design, would it be better without the flying buttresses & extra's that arent doing much & a little fiddly to do, better to stiffen the Z joint, I got some extra big corner joiners, and even though I dont need them as my profile joins different to the way most people are doing it, they make for a really strong corner especially if using 2.

If you are referring to threaded rods, they are used only to trim the expense of the frame, mount 7-8 extruders and possible closure.
Unfortunately that I could not fully understand your advices, the fault of my ugly English.

However for z-reinforcement, it seems that cross-profiles do good work for the need for reinforce z axis, this on light work as 3d printing.

But thanks to your opinion we do additional controls on the Z axis.

For build the 3d printer we are working on step-by-step documentation... it should be quite easy to mount

We want to have almost everything printable without need for laser cutting, and without sacrificing quality. I think with openbuilds is possible.

Thanks MechaBits
October 04, 2017 11:16PM
Yes I realize you had them there also for enclosure and for extruders, but cant put rolls on them, the extra 45 degree bit looks a little week & untidy(unbalanced with rest of design) and the angled profile is a PIA to cut & get brackets though I know your using printed ones , but just personal opinion, if it works for you keep it.

I'm using these for the profile connection, lucky my profile came with these end connectors, they do a good job, but to stop any rotation and make joint stronger I add the corner brackets, the new ones being the big ones, I thought they where not a bad price, much better than the small ones, more useful hole position, some nice metal gusset plates would be overkill but make things bomb proof.

What program for renders? Remind me to not go there smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2017 01:58AM by MechaBits.
October 05, 2017 09:56AM
MechaBits
What program for renders? Remind me to not go there smiling smiley

On render to make it my fault smiling smiley tongue sticking out smiley they are my firsts render, the nexts renderig will be better.

MechaBits
Yes I realize you had them there also for enclosure and for extruders, but cant put rolls on them, the extra 45 degree bit looks a little week & untidy(unbalanced with rest of design) and the angled profile is a PIA to cut & get brackets though I know your using printed ones , but just personal opinion, if it works for you keep it.

I'm using these for the profile connection, lucky my profile came with these end connectors, they do a good job, but to stop any rotation and make joint stronger I add the corner brackets, the new ones being the big ones, I thought they where not a bad price, much better than the small ones, more useful hole position, some nice metal gusset plates would be overkill but make things bomb proof.

Filament coils are to go to the sides (two or four) or on a dedicated frame... above the printer we do not want to put them.

45 degrees because we like the curve of the bowden, but it is possible that they will go vertically... we are undecided.

It is true that the printer is different from the usual one, but so far it has given us great results.

I can not wait to publish what's missing...
components list
mounting instructions
printable Z probe
calibration files
and some modifications

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2017 09:59AM by MaurinoWeb.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login