Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Big vase

Big vase
June 03, 2017 08:22AM
Bay View Gallery Night happened yesterday and the makerspace was open to the public, so I designed a large print and ran Ultra MegaMax Dominator. After 6 hours the print finished:

462 mm tall, 240 mm wide, Tianse fluorescent yellow PLA, lit by UV LEDs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2017 08:23AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: Big vase
June 12, 2017 02:54PM
No Close ups? Looking good, great size (i've never tried tin wall stuff) for 6hrs print what speeds, how much have you printed with machine?
June 12, 2017 04:32PM
Close up would be a problem with that vase. Slic3r had some problems with it- I ran spiral vase mode but slic3r would stop, move the nozzle to the opposite side of the print, then start printing again, leaving gaps in the extrusion (and weak lines) here and there. I'm going to try slicing it with Cura and see if it behaves the same way. Near the base there are some steep slopes that result in holes that wouldn't be a problem if it was a more solid print.

IRIC, the line width is 0.72 mm and the layer thickness is 0.36 mm. The nozzle was 0.6 mm diameter that I made by drilling out a 0.4 mm nozzle.

June 13, 2017 01:40PM
So how are you finding this printer vs the cube refit, will you use them for different things, obviously taller things on this, will you enclose it.
June 13, 2017 02:11PM
It will be enclosed and heated. This is definitely a better machine than the CubeX in almost every way.

I'll be selling the CubeX machine soon, I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2017 02:12PM by the_digital_dentist.

June 13, 2017 05:15PM
You have the Core X/Y as well or did that morph into this. Scratch that i'll probably find out all the answer's by keeping upto date with the other thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2017 10:35AM by MechaBits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login