Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DIY 3D SLA Printer with First Prints!

Posted by Gr3ymatter 
DIY 3D SLA Printer with First Prints!
December 07, 2016 11:08PM
Hey guys,

I recently posted this on reddit and im sharing our design here as well smiling smiley
I've been lurking various 3D printing forums and reddit for a while and as a result ive picked up a lot of knowledge from you guys. So i just wanted to say thanks.

I’m really excited to share a build that i've been working on with a friend of mine who has been doing DIY 3D printers for a while now.

We wanted to build a really clean looking SLA printer that we could put on our desktop.
We just got all the components of our BOM together this weekend and built it up. Here are some pictures of the latest prototype.

Really proud of how printer and the prints turned out! smiling smiley

Completed Build

Let us know what you think. We hope to eventually make this open source once we work out a few kinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2016 11:11PM by Gr3ymatter.
Re: DIY 3D SLA Printer with First Prints!
December 08, 2016 06:48AM
Congratulations to your first prints and the well-constructed looking printer itself. The connections of the frame does a bit look like the P3Steel frame ones.

As you haven’t released much information I have a few questions especially on the laser part. Are you using galvos or do you physically move the diode?
If you are using galvos do you have an F-theta lens or other mechanics for beam focusing? What is your beam size?
December 10, 2016 09:26PM
Very cool! Looking forward to more info smiling smiley
December 12, 2016 12:19PM
Thank you so much!

A friend of mine who has been doing DIY printing for a while now helped me with this project.

Yes we are using mirror galvonometers: [www.ebay.com]

The laser diameter is around .7mm

Here is an update post that has more pictures and describes how it works: [forums.reprap.org]
July 01, 2019 05:52AM
Is this project shared?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login