Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Modified Hadron Build

Posted by Belinda3D 
Modified Hadron Build
December 03, 2016 12:22AM
Here is a few pics of A hadron that I built a few years ago. I added an enclosure for the electronics board / rotary encoder / SD card board, added an enclosure for the power supply, added a heated bed, and a 3 spool wheel. I did a lot of cable tracks via Home depot springs. At the time, there were not allot of real reliable extruders on the market, so I had to make a spring loaded pinch clamp to make the printer reliable. I love the printer, rigid, accurate, and robust. I've also included a couple of pics of a 1/6 scale model engine I printed. The block includes water passages and oil galleys, and took 13 hours to print by itself. One of these days I'll get around to painting the rest of the parts.
Attachments:
open | download - hadron1.jpg (400.3 KB)
open | download - hadron2.jpg (335.5 KB)
open | download - hadron3.jpg (387.8 KB)
open | download - hadron4.jpg (387.6 KB)
open | download - block1.jpg (279.1 KB)
open | download - block2.jpg (483.1 KB)
open | download - engine1.jpg (606.1 KB)
open | download - engine2.jpg (604.6 KB)
Re: Modified Hadron Build
December 03, 2016 05:25AM
One of the first things i did to my Hadron was to mount it on a sturdy plate and give it additional rods that stabilize the Z extrusions. That got rid of any bending and made the printer portable. I would expect that the extruder you mounted so far away from the x axis will give you quite a lot of torque on the X carriage. Make sure the wheels keep up to it.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login