Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First reprap: a Huxley

Posted by jonjb2016 
First reprap: a Huxley
August 03, 2016 11:10AM
This is my first reprap--a Huxley. Please note this is a work in progress. I am waiting for a few parts I ordered online and look forward to finishing the machine. As it happens, I have also started building a Mendel Prusa i2.
Attachments:
open | download - unfinishedreprap.jpg (489.5 KB)
Re: First reprap: a Huxley
August 03, 2016 05:01PM
Post Deleted. Sorry fellas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2016 05:12PM by Shank man.
August 05, 2016 10:48AM
I have added the other Z motor and the heated bed. Now I am working on the extruder. I think wiring this machine might be a bit of challenge. I did not mention I got this machine from China. I am not sure whether to mention the company I ordered from but can tell you this: One of the first things i did was replace a laser cut extruder motor holder with plastic parts. Unfortunately, the machine also weirded out while i was commissioning it. I was testing the motor axes and the extruder got stuck in one position. A couple more plastic pieces broke. I took the machine apart, discarded the plastic parts and rebuilt the whole thing from scratch. The interesting challenge now will be to be sure I wire the printer up in a such a way that it works properly.
August 11, 2016 03:36PM
I have finished most of the actual building of the Huxley and have just started with the wiring.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login