Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GUS 1.5ish

Posted by rustynoob 
GUS 1.5ish
May 16, 2016 05:11AM
After a little over a year (okay almost a year and a half) I have finally got my GUS Simpson finished and working.
[youtu.be]
Sadly due to a computer crash followed by losing my external hard drive shortly after finishing printing the parts I don't have all the files share the design but hope to inspire further development. I may be able to recover some of the STLs from the friend that did my printing.
This is a modified version of the GUS Simpson, a grounded delta by Nicholas Seward, founder of [forum.conceptforge.org].
The main difference between this design and the original is the belt drive and all joints are balanced instead of being mounted offset.
I am in the process of adding the kinematics to marlin you can get a copy of my current version from [github.com] if you are too impatient to wait for it to make it into the official branch

known issues are
Slop between bolts and bearings cause minor problems with accuracy.
The z axis has some odd issues with skewing in the -x and -y directions, primarily -x. I think this is a rounding issue in the firmware but I haven't had time to check it out.
The large pulleys sometimes break free and ruin a print. I'm thinking a bit of thread locker and passably another nut might fix the problem.

You can follow the continued development [forum.conceptforge.org].

GUS 1.5ish

Center Hub and hot end

My filament drive design

An arm extended and retracted

Opto endstops that never need adjustment

gear reduction for increased resolution.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2016 05:15AM by rustynoob.

www.rustynoob.com
Re: GUS 1.5ish
June 26, 2016 09:24AM
wow this looks amazing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login