Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A translucent 300 colour thingy

Posted by deckingman 
A translucent 300 colour thingy
April 18, 2016 02:44PM
Following on from the other two "300 colour" thingy's, I decided to try RepRap.Me's suggestion of using translucent filament to get around the "stripey toothpaste" effect. I can confirm that it works. That is to say that the colour appears the same all around the object.

Unfortunately something bad happened about 10mm short of the intended height and I had to abort the print (which is a bit of a pain after 13 hours). So the top surface is just infill, rather then being smooth.

I've uploaded a couple of pics. One is a picture of the thing just sitting on laminate flooring, the other shows it on the printer to give an idea of the size. As you can see, it's just about maxing out my printing envelope (I feel a big Delta coming on..........)

This time, the design is my own - Just from playing around with linear extrude in OpenScad.
Attachments:
open | download - transvase1.jpg (540.5 KB)
open | download - transvase2.jpg (580.6 KB)
Re: A translucent 300 colour thingy
April 18, 2016 04:51PM
Looking good. smileys with beer

What were the basic filament colours you mixed?
Re: A translucent 300 colour thingy
April 18, 2016 05:52PM
frankvdh
Looking good. smileys with beer

What were the basic filament colours you mixed?

Blue, Yellow and Red. Starting with 100% Blue then mixing Blue and Yellow (which gives green), until Blue was 0% and Yellow 100%. Then mixing Yellow with Red (which gives shades of Orange) until Red was 100%. Then mixing Red with Blue which gives a sort of muddy purple until Blue was 100%. That's 300 layers or 90mm. Then starting over with Blue at 100%. Total height was about 130mm so it got about half way through the second iteration.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login