Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New microscope adapter in the works...

New microscope adapter in the works...
January 10, 2016 10:49PM
I recently got a Samsung NX500 camera so I set about making an adapter to mount it on my surgical microscope. The design is being finalized but shows promise. Here are a couple teasers:

The design will be uploaded to Youmagine.com when I am satisfied that it is good enough.

Next up: an adapter for my biological microscope.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: New microscope adapter in the works...
January 11, 2016 05:45PM
As promised, here it is: [www.youmagine.com]

February 03, 2016 12:36AM
Nice job DD. The only thing missing is a "Comparitor" measuring ability. The detail is amazing. Gives us a little better insight into your ocd approach to print accuracy. In our old age this camera sure would help see the difference in our prints via small settings changes. I'm curious what we're seeing in the Blue print.
February 03, 2016 01:00AM
The blue object is the top layer of a print with a Hilbert curve top solid infill. It's a little weird how some of the traces appear to be squashed flat and some do not. I suspect it has to do with the path that the nozzle took, with the flattened areas being places that were touched twice by the nozzle. The plastic lines are 0.4 or 0.45 mm wide - I don't recall which. The lines on the paper in the upper right corner are 1mm apart.

February 03, 2016 04:37PM
Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login