Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My first Rep(St)rap!

Posted by Andrius_ 
My first Rep(St)rap!
November 07, 2015 11:17AM
Hello, reprappers, I want to show you my very first 3d printer. I apologize about mistakes - English is not my native language, and it is very hard to write in English for me.

Approx. one year ago I found Reprap project, and I have started to build my one. I don't have access to tools like laser cutter, CNC, as well as access to lathe or stationary drilling machine, so building such accurate parts was very big challenge for me. I didn't want to buy parts, if there was possibility to make by myself, so I spended many hours and days with some interruptions (I'm a student, I have my family and I have my job of course). And finally it is working!
Because I want to make as many parts as I can, in my printer I have mixed many solutions from many printers - thank you, guys, for sharing and developing those devices!
Here is link with my printer's photos. It is made from everything I can found useful - dead printers, local hardware store and hot glue, of course smiling smiley. Idea is to print new parts for my normal RepRap, and I will do it as soon as I receive more ABS. There was used many parts from ebay, as you see in pictures.
Re: My first Rep(St)rap!
November 08, 2015 09:12AM
the ingenuity on display here at reprap.org never ceases to amaze me.

Congratulations on solving the problems you had in such interesting ways.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login