Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Look what my printer made, all by himself!

Posted by CraigMoberg 
Look what my printer made, all by himself!
June 04, 2015 01:36AM
I was testing the extruder on the first day of operation, with the nozzle a cm or two above the bed, and my printer decided to show its creative side. This is exactly how it came out of the nozzle and fell on the bed. These guys stand up on their own.

The idea of machines that can think is scary enough, but machines that can do art?

Maybe that's why it's so temperamental and takes a lot of encouragement to actually do anything useful.. winking smiley

Re: Look what my printer made, all by himself!
June 04, 2015 02:00AM
You got the stl and source files for that? I want to remix it to add more support.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 04, 2015 02:22AM
madmike8
You got the stl and source files for that? I want to remix it to add more support.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'll make it customizable on Thingiverse. Just as soon as I can figure out what the heck it is.
June 04, 2015 03:47AM
LOL
Another challenge accepted grinning smiley
I dig in my PLA-trash-bin to show you my "art".
June 04, 2015 04:33AM
o_lampe
LOL
Another challenge accepted grinning smiley
I dig in my PLA-trash-bin to show you my "art".

Oh, that's cold. winking smiley

It takes a connoisseur to recognize true art when he sees it. smoking smiley

Did you see "American Beauty"? The kid made movies of plastic bags twirling in the wind. He found it beautiful. That's art. smiling smiley So you might be surprised what you find in there! Maybe there's a reason you can't throw it away...
June 04, 2015 04:50AM
Then there's this.

"Almost 50 years ago the quintessential New York artist, Andy Warhol, had his first one-man show in Los Angeles, thanks to the prescience of a West Coast art dealer named Irving Blum. Blum also had the uncanny foresight to snap up “Campbell’s Soup Cans,” 32 small canvases for $1,000. He would eventually sell the group for $15 million... Most people refused to even accept that this was art."

So there. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login