Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Prusa and Electronics Enclosure.

Posted by tosjduenfs 
My Prusa and Electronics Enclosure.
November 02, 2012 06:01AM
This past week or so I've been building a Prusa Mendel. My main goal was to make it a clean looking build so that I can keep it in my office without having a rats nest of wires all over a strange looking machine.

My last project was designing and building a CNC router so I used that to make an enclosure for my Ramps board and power supply. On the front of the enclosure is an Ulticontroller, three switches that control the case fans and will ultimately control a bed fan and extruder fan, and the main power switch.

I'm just waiting on my pulleys and belts which will arrive today.

If anyone is interested in the DXFs for the enclosure let me know and they are all yours.

Regards,
Mike
Attachments:
open | download - 20121026_075730[1].jpg (436.4 KB)
open | download - 20121026_075739[1].jpg (438.9 KB)
open | download - 20121026_075825[1].jpg (408.1 KB)
open | download - 20121101_160019[1].jpg (307.1 KB)
open | download - 20121101_160026[1].jpg (337.1 KB)
Re: My Prusa and Electronics Enclosure.
November 02, 2012 04:08PM
Here was my very first print. I think it turned out very well considering. This is without any post processing. No strings but a few little blobs. Just a calibration square. All axes are within .2mm on a 40mm length. I'll calibrate tomorrow.
Attachments:
open | download - 20121102_143331.jpg (342 KB)
November 16, 2012 04:16AM
For a first print it looks fantastic!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
December 07, 2013 04:33PM
What are the switches in the front for? I plan on building a similar enclosure
December 20, 2013 07:24AM
maybe you could also consider adding a fan to cool the electronics and power supply. I sometimes have the machine shut down in the middle of a print. It was due to Pololu overheating.
May 14, 2014 02:33AM
Hi Mike,
I am impressed with what I have seen of your work and hope that some of your perfection will rub off on me.
I have been buying all the bits and pieces to build a RepRap Prusa and will have just about every thing needed by mid june.
Unfortunately what I am now looking for are the directions to build my printer and some terrific person to help and guide me during the build.
I am wheelchair bound, 73 y/o guy with the use of my hands and I build R/C and static model boats and planes. Making things keeps my mind active and gives me the reason to keep going.
I already have a Solidoodle 2 Printer with witch I will be printing all relevant ABS pieces for the building of the new printer, I make my own ABS filament and the parts that I print will be used in making bits for my models and also want to get into helping disadvantaged people in any way I can.
Any and all help I can get from you or some one that you could put me onto would be very appreciated, cheers, Ian
January 06, 2016 05:11PM
Hi!
I know that very very long time has passed, but are maybe the DXFs for the enclosure still available?
I would be interested as I'm looking to "consolidate" a reprappro mendel V.1, trying to make it more "portable".
Thank you,
Regards,
Matt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2016 05:12PM by mattviki.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login