Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Freelance site for 3D printing designs

Posted by Drawnin3d 
Freelance site for 3D printing designs
March 30, 2012 06:55AM
Hello,

I am very interested in 3D printing and wanted to create items to be printed. I fell at the first hurdle when I realised I did not know how to create the 3d drawings.

I then went about making a website where people like myself can post their requirements for a 3d drawing and invite those more experienced and skilled to assist them. The website is

www.drawnin3d.com

I am currently looking for those experienced in creating 3d drawings, and would like to be paid for their services, to register on the website as a freelancer. That way when someone posts a project they will be able to find someone to help them.

Thanks
Re: Freelance site for 3D printing designs
June 02, 2012 11:16AM
So far there are 6 freelancers and 2 buyers registered. Someone must have something they want designed.
June 02, 2012 08:46PM
Pretty good idea. Not everyone who creates things has the experience and probably, more importantly, the resource to be able to turn their ideas into 3D models. I'm signing up right now as a freelancer. I'm sure, over time, more and more people will register as buyers.

-Ian
Hi, I am a designer and I would like to put up a project with printing Warhammer minitures(toy soldiers). The models are pretty small, (head~= 5x5x5mm and a whole model is cca 10x10x35mm with a lot of detail) I am new to 3D printing, so I am not sure if it is possible at all. If it is, I would need to know specifications what kind of model does an engineer need for printing. (file format, etc.)
-John
September 09, 2012 03:40AM
Hi,

The best thing to do would be to post the project description as best as you can and then discuss it in further detail with any interested freelancers via the private message board. That would be the best place to find out about what the detailed requirements are.

You can enter into any number of discussions with any number of freelancers. Once you are satisfied that they are able to help you they can place a bid and you accept it, if you want to. Once they confirm your acceptance of their bid you will both be automatically sent each others private contact details.

Good luck, let me know how you get on.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login