Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where could I have 300*200 aluminium thick sheet cnc-ed for me in the UK/London?

Posted by atagunov 
Where could I have 300*200 aluminium thick sheet cnc-ed for me in the UK/London?
February 12, 2016 08:51PM
Hi, I'm considering building an alum extrusion framed 3d printer themed on Ultimaker
I would like to use a 300x200 heat bed. The bed itself (alum + heater) isn't difficult to buy.
But that needs to sit atop a thick sheet. And because it's Ultimaker-themed the thick
sheet needs to be somewhat bigger than 300x200 - since it rides vertically on 12mm rods
and needs to have a driving nut attached for a lead screw. My plan is draw it in FreeCAD
and send to a good fellow or to some online CNC service to get done. I would hope
the maker to supply the material too.

Would anybody here be able to suggest a good place for me to get this thing manufactured in the UK?
I'm actually located in London if that matters.. Also anybody got any idea how thick it needs to be? 5mm?

Thx,
Re: Where could I have 300*200 aluminium thick sheet cnc-ed for me in the UK/London?
March 22, 2016 06:27PM
Here you can buy the plate, cut to size, no holes drilled
ECOcast

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2016 06:28PM by amigob.
Hi

Have you managed to get this built for you? I am new to this site but we have a machine shop with lathes, milling, drilling, laser etch and cutting and 3D printing - contact me at Marcus.yalland@g24i.com if you are interested in what we could offer.

Regards

Marcus
Re: Where could I have 300*200 aluminium thick sheet cnc-ed for me in the UK/London?
June 03, 2016 06:17AM
lol im trying find 200mm diameter aluminium plate for my kossel why is everything square lol?

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login