Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

(UK + Europe) I need a Rostock mini acrylic frame

Posted by dkdaniel 
(UK + Europe) I need a Rostock mini acrylic frame
December 04, 2014 03:01AM
Hi,

i need an laser cut frame for an rostock mini. Acrylic min. 6mm.

And is there anyone from europe or UK to do this ? Can't import from china or USA .

Regards
Daniel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2014 04:43AM by dkdaniel.
Re: (UK + Europe) I need a Rostock mini acrylic frame
December 05, 2014 09:30AM
I got a spare one at home, I think it was 8mm, will check.

Also got one made from MDF, can give it away for shipping cost - am in France.

Can you provide a link to the design files so I can verify it's the same version you need ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
December 05, 2014 10:16AM
Hi,

the right design is [www.thingiverse.com]

If it is acrylic , so i'd like to have it . How much is the shipping ? Live in Denmark.

Mdf can i get myself, but i think acrylic is more durable and heat resistent.

Regards
Daniel
December 05, 2014 04:41PM
Ok here it is.

That is 8mm Acrylic as I thought. It is clear transparent but the protective sheet makes it blueish - I peeled off a lil bit so you can see, around the middle of the screen.

The burnt traces - most visible on the bottom left of the lower plate - will mostly go away with that protective sheet, maybe some bit of soapy water - or even a light sanding job - will be needed on the thickness if you really want a clean look.

I printed the file you linked to verify the plates are the right size and all the holes are accurate - seems perfect to me.

I'd be willing to sale it at cost price, as I made it like a year and an half ago and still didn't find the time to use it, but I cannot remember how much I paid for the material and machine time.
I assume asking for 20 euros will be totally fair to you while not making me feel like a total money waster.

The shipping : last time I sent one set to Finland it was around 15 euros, but that was including all the printed parts so a bigger (and somewhat heavier) package.
I suppose you should be expecting something around 10 euros, Denmark being nearer to me.

So if a total from 30 to 35 euros sounds fine with you, I'll pack it, weight it and give you a confirmed price.

Bonus pictures : the previous set I sent is there : [forums.reprap.org]

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login