Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USA looking for endstop mounts

Posted by Kikinaak 
USA looking for endstop mounts
August 02, 2014 03:13PM
I'm building a makerfarm i3v and the Z endstop mount has become the bane of my existence. Zipties, really? I cant get the thing to sit securely, so the switch shifts when the X assembly hits it instead of tripping the switch, which leads to my Z axis running away on me and throwing the whole X assembly out of alignment. I was at the test print/calibration stage but this has set me back to the hair loss stage and I cant move on with test prints until I get that endstop locked down.

I'm looking to have someone print me one each of these so I can see which one would work better for me. I like the adjustability of the first, but the second is simpler and if it works, simple is better.
[www.thingiverse.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]

I'm in northern nevada, and will be happy to cover reasonable material, time, and shipping costs. Would someone be willing to help me get this thing printing?
Re: USA looking for endstop mounts
August 03, 2014 01:04PM
I could possibly help you out with you're problem! I'm in Florida , And also have a Makerfarm i3v, Among other printers. As long as we can go though Paypal I don't see there being a problem.
I also could ship the parts as fast as Tomorrow or Tuesday. P.M. me for more info (color,layer height,shipping,price ) I print mostly in PLA but have some ABS in stock also.
August 07, 2014 02:38PM
Paypal is not a problem for me. I prefer ABS as I eventually plan to run polycarb in this printer and am worried pla will soften with the higher temps around it.
I dont care about color, I just care how it works, not how it looks. I'm still new to this whole printing thing so I have neither clue nor preference on layer height.
Shipping would be either fedex or usps as ups service in my area leaves a lot to be desired.
Price? Thats on the end of whoever helps me out. Obviously materials and shipping, plus whatever they think their time is worth.
I'll be happy to throw in a bonus if the adjustable endstop includes the adjusting screw and mounting screws.
August 07, 2014 07:36PM
Hey, I went ahead and printed them out in light blue ABS (all I have). I'm in a good mood so just pm me your address and I'll send them to you. It'll cost less than 2$ so its no problem. I'm happy to help anyone get their printer going. Just do me a favor and some day pay it forward and help someone else out in their time of need. smileys with beer
August 09, 2014 03:00PM
Awesome, and that I will certainly do. In fact I already have a friend in the same boat, trying to get their printer running. Different problem though. I've promised them once I'm up and running they are next!

Thanks so much for this, address sent by PM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login