Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sell All Your Prints Through Consignment!

Posted by Sniper4395 
Sell All Your Prints Through Consignment!
April 06, 2014 11:59AM
Hey!

Don't you have 3D printed stuff just sitting in a box somewhere collecting dust? Let me help you make a little money with that and clear out some of the clutter you've undoubtedly been building up since you've started printing.

I'm going to list and sell all those things you've printed that you don't want to throw away but also haven't found a use for yet. Whenever you get the chance, just pop the things you think are decent quality in a box and send them to my place. I'll take the pictures, make the listing, package and ship, deal with the customers and continue re-listing your item until it sells.

Listings will be on eBay, Craigslist, Amazon and Etsy. I'll be fighting for the best possible profit. All listings will be relayed to you through email once posted.

Payment to you will be either through Paypal or electronic bank transfer. I'd like to avoid mailing checks if at all possible. ;-)

What I'm trying to do here is provide a service that will benefit the RepRap community while making a little pocket money on the side.

My rate for this will be 33% of profit for items that sell for less than 35$ and 25% for items that sell for more than 35$. PM me for address if your interested.

Thank you for your time,

-Tom
Re: Sell All Your Prints Through Consignment!
April 07, 2014 09:05AM
Note : as an admin I believe this topic is not spam or mislocated; but that's only one opinion.

Of course usual disclaimer : RepRap.org isn't responsible for scams and bad deals.

Now out of curiosity sniper, are you going to sort between whatever printed stuff is going to be proposed for sale ?
And would you take something with no profit made (selling for cost of packing and shipping) ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Re: Sell All Your Prints Through Consignment!
April 07, 2014 12:28PM
Good questions!

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to clear up some details for everyone.

Sorting between what might sell and what might not sell is mostly not something that I intend to do. I think that everyone here can decide for themselves before shipping whether or not their prints are worth using or just ABS glue. The only things that I would turn down are obvious misprints that nobody would list and things that are broken, i.e. DOA stuff, whistles that obviously aren't airtight, very low quality prints and calibration prints (although some of those are pretty cool.) Of course everybody has their own opinion as to what constitutes "good enough" so once this side job gets started I'll see how far common sense gets us before laying down detailed rules and guidelines for Minimum Acceptable Quality.

As it stands right now I would absolutely sell items for no profit if that happens to be the absolute minimal amount that the item sells for. What I'll do when people send their prints to me is I'll set a date (30 days, 60 days, ect.) for listing the item at a set price which will be agreed upon by myself and the items owner. If the print doesn't sell at this set price in the set time then the price for the print will be dropped to another agreed upon price. This should ensure that the item sells in a timely manner for the best possible price. In the future if people find my service to be useful and many people decide to work with me then I'll create a dynamic system for pricing items based on details such as print quality and market demand.

Hope this answers your questions,

-Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login