Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

motor AK17/1.10F6LN1.8 too weak?

Posted by omgalof 
motor AK17/1.10F6LN1.8 too weak?
June 16, 2017 01:27PM
the motor i have is the AK17/1.10F6LN1.8, using Marlin i can only move then if they have no load and under a feed rate of 5 even when the driver is giving MAX amps to the motor, i did check if the wiring was right the multi-meter says yes, the psu is a 12v 5a like this one: aliexpress.com

datasheet: link

so cold it be that they are too week?
Re: motor AK17/1.10F6LN1.8 too weak?
June 16, 2017 02:01PM
Those motors are not at all suitable for use in 3D printers with any of the standard drivers. They have less than half the torque of typical motors used in 3D printers, but the bigger pronlem is that they have very high inductance and resistance.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 16, 2017 02:14PM
what wold be a good inductance and resistance value?

edit: is it good enough for the filament drive?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2017 04:04PM by omgalof.
June 17, 2017 02:45AM
Look for voltage per phase no greater than 4V, inductance per phase no greater than 5mH, and if you are using plug-in drivers then rated current per phase no greater than 1.7A.Holding torque of 25Ncm is sufficient for motion in small printers and in geared extruders, but many people go for between 40 and 50Ncm. Your motor quotes 1.1kgf cm which is 1.1 * 9.8 = 10.8Ncm.

I don't think that motor is suitable for filament drive. With low gearing it won't have enough torque. With high gearing, the torque will drop off too quickly with extrusion speed.

To use those motors, you would need to power the stepper drivers using a power supply of about 40V, but even then the torque might be too low.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login