Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer tremble

Posted by Gaou 
Printer tremble
April 18, 2016 01:38AM
Guys i need some help again.

My second mendel is trembling and i think is is relative to the speed ( more speed => more trembling.) Yesterday looking around at the net i saw it is stepper noise problem .

Is there any way to reduse this. I think my first build has shielded cables and it also has a stainless steel bended sheet at the point that the cables get out of the stepper.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Re: Printer tremble
April 18, 2016 02:50AM
I doubt that it has anything to do with the wiring. The RRP kits only used shielded cables so that an assembled printer could meet CE regulations for EMI emission. It is probably a mechanical issue. I suggest you look for differences between the two printers, in particular frame rigidity, firmware version, and config.g files. Do both printers use the same type of stepper motor?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 18, 2016 03:18AM
Thanks David for ur reply. Both printers use same firmware, identical config.g, but i think the rpp is more rigid than mine. i also did some changes at the motor currents . The steppers that the second one is running are some that you have pointed to me.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
April 18, 2016 04:07AM
Maybe swap one of the motors between the two machines, so that you can tell whether the motor type is making a difference?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login