Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper or brushed DC motor with sharp and fast turn

Posted by viktor80 
Stepper or brushed DC motor with sharp and fast turn
March 17, 2016 01:44PM
Hello,

Wondering if I can find some small and fast programmable stepper or brushed DC motor or something else

so desired size diameter 25 maximum 30mm on width 20mm maximum 30mm, which can provide a sharp turn and speed, make turn to 900° in one direction and then go back to opposite direction to 900° and do all for 1 second or better even faster, so in other words total for both directions 1800° for 1 second there and back

I think it must be bipolar stepper because I need step point on every 180° but not sure about other

Now I found

BDR-33-23 DC Brush Motor

but not sure is that exactly what I want or I'm on the wrong way, maybe you could suggest some models or examples meet my requirements, because I still have not tried any of them in practice, except servo, so first need a proper choice

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2016 07:59PM by viktor80.
Re: Stepper with sharp and fast turn
March 17, 2016 04:18PM
Do the math. Calculate the motor top speed and acceleration you need to achieve that movement profile. Work out the moment of inertia of the load as seen by the motor, add the moment of inertia of the rotor of a candidate motor, then from the acceleration required you can work out the motor torque needed. If your candidate motor provides enough torque with an adequate safety margin (I suggest at least 2x), then all that is left is to work out what drive voltage you need to achieve the required speed. Apart from this last step, it is all basic Newtonian mechanics.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login