Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motor Driver interference Servos

Posted by biskero 
Motor Driver interference Servos
September 04, 2015 12:53PM
Ciao,

I am building a new extruder, here some infos, and I am having an issues with the servos and the motor drivers.

Basically when I move the extruder in the X or Y direction, so the motor drivers 8825 are ON the servos starts to move left and right, which means there is some interference from the motor drivers into the servo PINs (using 6 and 11 in AUX) on RAMPS 1.4.
I already thinking to change the pins for the servos to other further from the motor drivers but not sure it will solve the problem.

The RAMPS 1.4 runs Kimbra-Marlin firmware, maybe need to change some software code?

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Thanks
Alessandro
Re: Motor Driver interference Servos
February 12, 2016 06:20AM
Try RADDS V1.5 board, the servo pins are a bit furthur away from the stepper drives ( if possible, neglect the stepper nearest to the servo pins for much better results). I use D3D quad extruders (kickstarter backer) , spent a lot of time and money for just one simple learning experience and that is "servos are meant for toys and not for manufacturing systems". Fatigue life and consistancy are major isuues even with the best servo, i mean dual BB, titanium gears, brushless servo...and so. Best of luck.
Regards
Anil Kumar

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2016 06:36AM by alfredanil.
Attachments:
open | download - RADDS.png (265.7 KB)
Re: Motor Driver interference Servos
February 12, 2016 06:36AM
The servos use low level signals on their inputs. If the cables are routed next to the X/Y motor cables, those currents through those cables may be inducing signals into the servo inputs. First, twist the motor wires together- one twisted pair for each coil in each motor. Next separate the servo and motor cables and see if the problem persists. Don't share the ground connection for the servo driver board with the ground on the RAMPS board- give it its own ground wire that goes right back to the power supply.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login