Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motor Angle and Time Delay

Posted by tommyclan 
Stepper Motor Angle and Time Delay
May 19, 2015 03:55AM
Hi guys,

I have no experience programming stepper motors in the past but I want to know if it is possible to program a motor to rotate 45 degrees every 1.5 hours or 90 minutes.

The motor I'm using is a bipolar stepper motor (model number: FL86STH156-6204cool smiley I have a driver and transformer to change the 220V AC to the lower DC required for the motor. Here's a link to the motors details. [oceancontrols.com.au]

All I need to know is if it is possible to program this motor to do what I want and if so is it simple or complex to do so.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2015 03:58AM by tommyclan.
Re: Stepper Motor Angle and Time Delay
May 19, 2015 04:55AM
Try posting this on the Arduino forum.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Stepper Motor Angle and Time Delay
May 19, 2015 01:43PM
They answer is yes it is possible and relatively easy if you have a driver with step and direction inputs. You simply have to pulse the step input with the correct delay between pulses.

If it is a full step driver you need to send 25 pulses with a delay of 90 * 60 / 25 = 216 seconds between them. If it is a micro stepping driver you send more pulses more frequently and get a smoother motion but it will always appear to move in steps at such a slow speed.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login