Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motors do not move

Posted by Deltatom80 
Stepper Motors do not move
April 11, 2015 05:35PM
Hello everybody,

I am looking for a bit of help.
I know the subject come up often in this forum but I have not been able to find the answer in everything that has been proposed.
Trouble is the following:
I built up a mendel type of printer. Setup: Nema 17, Megatronics 2.0, pololu DRV8825, volts and amps correct. Using Marlin and repetier.
I used the board testing file and motors are all moving correctly, switching directions.
But when I upload marlin and use repetier, connection is ok (I can switch on/off heatbed/hotend/fan etc.) but not the motors...
They do not move but make a whining noise instead. And there is resistance if I try to move them.
So I must be doing something wrong in my configuration.h file...
for the steps, I calculated this: (considering the microstepping of the DRV8825 at 1/32, GT2 belt with a 2mm pitch and 20 teeths)
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {160,160,5120,582}
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {100, 100, 2, 10}

I lowered feedrates as sugested in another post but it does not change the problem.
I however do not see how this part of my configuration may change something to the movement of the motors.
Is there another part of the config file that I have to modify?

Any suggestion welcome!

Thanks a lot,

Tom
Re: Stepper Motors do not move
April 11, 2015 06:53PM
Are you certain that the right connections or jumpers are in place to configure the 8825s for 1/32 microstepping? If they are not, then you could be trying to move or accelerate the motors too fast.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 12, 2015 04:49AM
Hi,
I believe so : the 4 jumpers are in place. If I had only 3, I would have the 1/16 micro step config. And I tried to change the "step/unit" with 80 instead of 160 too.
Then I lowered feed rates and diminished the max speed...
Didn't change a thing...

Been searching for the solution for a week...
confused smiley

Thanks

Tom
April 13, 2015 10:31AM
Hi
I am also stuck on a similar matter. I have built the Prusa i3Steel. I have the Ramps 1.4 shield with A4899 drivers. Jumpers in and double checked.
I can get the steppers motors to move to home position. That is where it all stops. I am using Repitier with Marlin.
Help please!
Riaan
April 13, 2015 03:43PM
Mine do not move at all...
They moved with the test firmware of the megatronics 2.0.
Still looking for the answer...
April 21, 2015 02:35PM
FOUND!
I found the solution. A friend of mine told me to check my endstop configuration. In the toggle log, they were all in open status. But then he told me to check them one by one. And when I pushed one, it cut the feed to repeater... I had simply wired all my endstops to the S pin for the opto endstops (and mine are mechanical ones...) angry smiley
So thanks for the help.
I am up and running.

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login