Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stp 58D211 -02 Shinano kenshi

Posted by tooradj 
stp 58D211 -02 Shinano kenshi
April 01, 2015 10:57AM
Hi every one, i've bought an used stepper motor with the "STP 58D211 -02" code on it. it's of Shinano kenshi's old products. All I know about that is, it is a 1.8 degree stepp motor with 1.5 ohm resistance per stepp. I want to know more about it's used voltage and torque. So if any one can help me I'd be pleased if he/she send me proper information.
bests
Tooradj

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 10:58AM by tooradj.
Re: stp 58D211 -02 Shinano kenshi
April 01, 2015 07:25PM
Looks like that is an old model as it's not in their current catalogue. You could try emailing Shinano, see [www.shinano.com]. You could also look at the specs of similar motors they list on their web site, perhaps you can find a similar one at [www.shinano.com] if it is Nema23 size.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 07:29PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 02, 2015 02:33AM
Dear dc42
Thanks for your reply. I've looked on their site. But unfortunately I don't know what does those codes mean. Ofcourse I've send them an email, but I didn't recive no mail yet.
Can any one decode the step motors code?
April 02, 2015 04:25AM
Look for a stepper motor on that site that has the same or very similar dimensions, and a phase resistance close to the 1.5 ohms that your motor has. Read off the current and torque for that motor, which will give you an idea of the maximum phase current and the torque of your motor.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 02, 2015 09:49AM
Dear dc42
Thanks for your kindly and valuble replies, I've looked on Shinano's site. There is a pdf file on download tab, that contains some basic theory about stepping motors and of course explanation of codes on motors. There is nothing about my motor but now I know more about that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login