Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with StepStick and 1.2A Stepper

Posted by teoemo 
Problem with StepStick and 1.2A Stepper
March 09, 2015 11:36PM
After a lot of failed POT tuning I've decided to come to you: I'm working on a project which involves a NEMA 17 and an Arduino, and having some experience on the RepRap world, and having used it before, I've chosen the Pololu as the driver.

No, I didn't write it wrong, I just realized that the Pololu I bought is actually a StepStick (SS), and the NEMA I bought is a 42BYGHW804, 1.2A driven, which I guess it may not be a great combination with the 1A limit of my driver.

Also, I can't get my Vref beyond 1.18V, which in the SS means I'm getting 0.7375A, way beyond my 1.2A needy stepper.

When I power the motor, the most movement I get is really erratic, like 1 step back, 1 forth, and so on. Also, I'm using this software for variable speed when you increase your RPMs by 5, and with some speeds I get a fluent move while with others I don't, The best ones are 65 and 70 RPM, 45 and 40 are also OK, 60 depends on the POT regulations, 15 usually doesn't work, well, you get the idea.

If it's any way you can help me, it'd be amazing, even if helping me is saying that I can't run the stepper with the SS.

I'm using this guy's code [www.lucadentella.it]

A battery which is giving me 12.8V for the motor power supply, and a USB connection for the Arduino Power Supply

If I have time I'll upload a video with the motor trying to move.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login