Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper motor works from prontoface, but not when printing

Posted by tellblom 
Stepper motor works from prontoface, but not when printing
January 08, 2015 02:49PM
I have a strange problem, Suddenly my steppermotors won't work when I printing. It has been working for several weeks now but suddenly it stops working.
When I move the motors in Prontoface, with +x 10, -x 10 and so on in the steppermotors works great, But when I print it just hacking. Two of the motors having this problem (X and extruder) and if I switch the x and y driver, the y works but not the x so it does not seem to be the driver,.

What could it be?
Re: Stepper motor works from prontoface, but not when printing
January 08, 2015 04:54PM
Ehhh.... is there obvious heat?
It sounds like it's a heat issue.
The defect follows the motor, not the axis.
If it was an issue with the software, when you switch the x and y axis, it shouldn't necessarily switch the problem around.

You might try adjusting your ramps so that those motors don't get as much current; if it's a heat issue limiting current will help, but it'll mess other things up.
January 08, 2015 05:13PM
Possibly your G code tries to move the motors faster than the Pronterface jog buttons and the motors can't handle it. Have a look at the F codes to see what speed it is trying to move and try jogging at the same speed and bigger distances than 10mm as it may not reach full speed in a short distance.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Bru
April 03, 2015 06:38AM
same problem with my printer as said by Tellblom, I am using Gen7 1.4 electronics board with A4988 stepper driver.
I have build prusai3 with 5 Nema17 stepper motor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login