Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So I took apart some printers smiling smiley

Posted by binman 
So I took apart some printers smiling smiley
November 22, 2014 10:42AM
Hi all, I've salvaged some printer motors but it's been a bit of a mixed bag, more than half the motors were DC motors some kind of optical sensor attached for timing and the rest were all quite different from each other. If I have a few motors that may meet the required specifications - is it still going to be a headache to get them working well togther because things like step angle and voltage are different?

I' don't have a decent camera to take photos at the moment but here's what I have and what's written on them:

One Mitsumi M42SP-7NPS which I think is the same as the one shown here (specs looks pretty good)

Two Nidec RK2-1088-01
50M060A110
DC24V 1.90A
1562.8min-1
I can't find information on this one but it feels like 24 steps per revolution which works out at 15°
It also looks like the one here

One QH4-4158
STP-42H100
3.75 DEG/STEP 4.6V 0.55A
This one looks like NEMA 17 - has dimensions (41mm x 41mm)

One QH4-4159
SMH42-4801-A
27.6V

FDK
Also feels like 24 steps per revolution, was the paper feed motor.

If anyone has any info advice I'd appreciate it. Is having different voltage and step angle going to be a serious hassle? It's not that easy or cheap to get proper NEMA 17s where I am.

Thanks - binman

P.S. I also salvaged gearsets off the printers to use with the motors that have the large step angle - good idea to use these or no?
Re: So I took apart some printers smiling smiley
November 25, 2014 03:42PM
What are you building? If you're building a 3D printer, I wouldn't use any of those. Their performance is going to be poor. Their torque rating are all going to be very low and if you gear them down to raise their torque, they will be very slow (if not slow already).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login