Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motors just beep

Posted by ts87 
Motors just beep
September 07, 2014 02:22PM
Hi, i assembled my 3d printer. I am using Sanguino 1.3a. I think i programmed it properly. I connected everything to it. The heat bed and the extruder hotend are heating. The stop switchs are working as well because when i switch them in one direction the motors stop. I am using Pronterface to do my tests. The movement however is not that good.. When i try to move any of the motors they seem to try and move and then just short beep and silence. if i try biger step the beep is longer and it is comming from the motors. Any advice?
I am using motors 42BYGHW11 and i am using 12V pc power charge for the Sanguino..
Maybe i should also mention.. I am using Arduino 1.0.1 to load firmware Sprinter Master.

PS. I should mention i have not burned any Bootloader.. When i try through the Arduino with programmer IVR ISP i get error "avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM12": Access is denied." COM12 is the proper one since i load the scetch from it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2014 03:49PM by ts87.
Re: Motors just beep
October 01, 2014 07:27AM
You don't need a bootloader if you able to program a sketch.

What's your vref set to for your motors?

Ben
October 08, 2014 02:24AM
I am having the same problem, I tried switching the wiring on one of my motors, but now my computer doesn't recognize my printer.
October 08, 2014 06:56AM
1. Bootloader doesn't matter as long as you can upload a firmware.

2. Try to move slowly, like 100 mm/min. If this works, your motors are wired correctly. If not, see [reprap.org]

3. Adjust current. See [reprap.org]

4. If you still can't move fast, reduce acceleration. Default acceleration in Marlin is way too high for most setups.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 21, 2014 10:58PM
I have also met this problem before. Try to adjust the motor speed to a lower value. Good luck.smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login