Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CNC motor and electronics choice

Posted by Yaro 
CNC motor and electronics choice
July 17, 2014 04:51AM
Hi all,

I'm gooing to choice a motor for my project. I want to have low cost electronics but enough to run my cnc. Dimensions are 1000mmx450mm the movable axis is long 1000mm and it's weight is from 1000g to 1300g without turret and from 1400-1500g to 1800g with movable turret. It run on supported fixed rods with linear bearings. I know it's heavy. I want to ask from someone that have experience with this weight what kind of motor is suitable.

I need to choice a motor for heavy movable axis.

What do you think is good?

1x Nema 17 1.3A 1.5A 1.7A 2A with A4988
2x Nema 17 1.3A 1.5A 1.7A 2A with A4988 (use two motor for the same axis, i want to try this, but i don't know if it may work)
1x Nema 23 1.3A 1.5A 1.7A 2A 2.5A with A4988 (it will became really hot with high current i think)
1x Nema 23 2.5A 3A with an unknow low cost chinese driver that provide 3A to 3.5A(i want to avoid this, i will have more problem to set up precision as someone say)
Or a CoreXY configuration (i want to avoid this too, because i don't know were to find a good code and how it can be precise, and also have a variable force that depends from direction)

I want also to ask if 6mm GT2 belt are good, it's price is much lower then a 10mm or 15mm belt and it's good, but it will able to not break or stretch out(lowering precision)? Also if i choose 10mm i can find only pulleys with 6mm bore, that is not compatible with nema 17, so the price will rise a lot with also a nema 23.

I want to accomplish a resonable speed of 10mm/s or 20mm/s (but i can choose lower if to accomplish this speed i need expensive hardware) and the most important thing is precision, is better low speed moving but without loose steps.

What configuration do you advice to me?

Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login