Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

confused smileyStepper Motorssmileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by stepperTrouble 
confused smileyStepper Motorssmileys with beersmileys with beer
July 02, 2014 05:21PM
Hi,

I'm building prusa mendel i2 printer and am running into a problem I can't get passed. The motors do not turn properly. If I move them by .1 they will move but in about 3-4mm increments. If I try to move them 1-100 mm it completely hangs and just buzzes as if it were moving the whole way. Any tips or advice? I'm using a ramps 1.4 board.

If anyone could help it'd be much appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 05:21PM by stepperTrouble.
Re: confused smileyStepper Motorssmileys with beersmileys with beer
July 02, 2014 05:37PM
Just throwing it out there that your name and post title make me weary of replying

Make sure you have the proper steps per mm set in your firmware, and make sure you're taking into account your microstepping.
Based on the normal spec, you have 16 tooth, GT2 pulleys? Standard motors with 1/16th stepping set on drivers will run you 100 steps/mm.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Re: confused smileyStepper Motors
July 03, 2014 10:19AM
I've calculated the the proper steps per mm and still produced the same problem. I've also blindly chosen larger and smaller numbers to see if they had any effect on the steps and they did not. I've tried with marlin, repetier, and sprinter firmware. I've also used pronterface and repetier host software. I Actually find that with the pronterface firmware the .1 step moves less than the .1 in repetier. But just the same with 1-100mm it only buzzes and does not move. Ive adjusted and played with the potentiometers with no result as well.
July 03, 2014 02:56PM
I got them to move but they're getting hot. I had to put the steps per mm to 4 and it started moving better. the motor are very hot but the voltage on the potentiometer is set to .4
July 09, 2014 08:42AM
Looks like you don't have any jumper on the board, under the drivers.
All of them are required for 1/16 micro steeping.
Re: confused smileyStepper Motors
July 10, 2014 10:28AM
Interesting. What exactly us a jumper. I've finally gotten them to move but my steps/mm is around 3.5 which doesn't really make sense but it does work.
December 10, 2015 02:02AM
@mikadoh what jumper actually means ? how they are required for microstepping ? how to do microstepping ..

any help much appreciated !!
December 10, 2015 06:49PM
Jumpers
See:
[reprap.org]

They are under the plugin driver boards!

confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login