Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X, Z motors not working, Y and E does

Posted by XiaZhou 
X, Z motors not working, Y and E does
April 01, 2014 07:57PM
Hello everyone,
as the title of this topic states I'm having some troubles with getting my stepper motors working. I've wired up everything to RAMPS 1.4 according to [reprap.org], uploaded a test firmware [reprap.org] , which should test all 5 motors plus hot end and heat bed.

Well, I haven't plugged the heated bed yet, still 3 out of 5 motors don't move. Specifically the 2 Z axis and the X axis. I really can't figure out where is the problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0461 copia.JPG (563.5 KB)
Re: X, Z motors not working, Y and E does
April 01, 2014 08:34PM
Nevermind, found out what was wrong. Very stupid of me, apparently Ramps didn't fit well on Arduino's sockets. Now all of the 5 motors are working! smiling smiley
X Y Z is working but not E.
April 18, 2014 02:20AM
hi Xiazhou.

How did you solve the problem.

Even i am facing similar problem. My extruder motor is not working.

pls reply.
April 18, 2014 01:56PM
kind of the same problem here.

search through some threads but didn`t find the answer.

So 3 years ago i bought an prusa mendel printer from maker gear. with ramps v1.2. just this week i started building the damn thing(knee operations and suddenly i have tons of time...)

so to day was d-day. hooked it up to the computer end started testing.(lasted arduino ide, and latest printrun, not sure if i need more software)

first testing the motors. the extruder works fine. all the axes go one way.... at one point the x went both ways. but later on it stop doing that and it goes one way.

so i started switching things around:

first i pulled out the end stops(tested them en they open and close) didn`t doe anything
then tested al the motors on the extruder output and they all worked fine.
then swapped the polulu`s with the extruder one. on the spot of the extruder they work fine but they don`t work on their own spot...

so i am probably missing something. it looks like an end stop problem.

so i`m a bit stuck here. who can point me in the wright direction?
April 18, 2014 03:02PM
ok i maybe fixed it.

i reloaded the sprinter firmware( at first it didn`t compile but with this link it worked on the newer arduino ide version click!

after updatig the firmware the motors move both ways.

for now...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login