Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motor Connectors

Posted by chuttney1 
Stepper Motor Connectors
January 13, 2014 08:25PM
One of the wires to the connector for my Minebea Nema 17 motor came off due to a back and forth motion from x-axis motor. Where can I find replacement connectors?
Re: Stepper Motor Connectors
January 13, 2014 10:58PM
I assume you're simply looking for standard 0.1inch pitch female header connectors. Any electronics seller would have them, but if you don't want to wade through the immense on-line catalogs to find exactly what you want, pololu.com sells them in small quantities. They're a bit more expensive this way, but we're still only talking pennies. I buy these from them all the time along with the pre-crimped wires of varying lengths for making up inter-connecting cables on all sorts of projects
January 15, 2014 11:47AM

I should have been more clear. The picture provided is of the problem I had and the fix was using the crimps on the wires to attach to the motor. This is the connector I'm looking for meaning the white block which comes with the stepper motor depending on the model you have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 11:55AM by chuttney1.
January 16, 2014 02:40AM
There are different types of those connectors so i dont think there is actually any standard for that, probably each manufacturer is using its own choice.
But for what you have in picture, i think try search for "ninigi nxg-06 datasheet" and see if that matches. Where to actually get those, dunno, if you find a distributor which stocks them let me know.
January 16, 2014 01:27PM

So I decided to go to the manufacturer's website to look at the specifications for the motor I have. Reading closely, it says a JST plug with the model number below "JST"

I typed in google "JST S6B-PH-K-S-2.2" and Digikey is the first hit I get that actually has these plugs
A little more looking at the bottom brings me to "mating products". A little more searching and the crimps. I finally arrived at the answer because I don't know what type of plugs these are until now. I'm doubting a little as to whether it will fit if I do get the plugs, but at least the crimps will work.

Thank You for helping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 01:29PM by chuttney1.
February 02, 2014 02:35PM
You already found the answer, but those JST connectors are widely used in Japan, and perhaps less common in Western designs. More info here [en.wikipedia.org]

If you are using crimp terminals, then you need [www.digikey.com]. Alternatively there is an IDC connector, [www.digikey.com], you can probably push the wires in with a screwdriver.

What is Open Source?
What is Open Source Hardware?
Open Source in a nutshell: the Four Freedoms
CC BY-NC is not an Open Source license
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login