Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Threaded Rod NEMA 17

Posted by robotdigg 
Threaded Rod NEMA 17
April 15, 2013 03:42AM
Threaded Rod NEMA17 or Threaded Shaft Nema 17 are languages from 3Ders or not, I am not sure is not that important.
But let's figure out what's in professional:
Threaded Rod or Threaded Shaft Stepper Motor could be External Drive Linear Stepper Motor or Non-captive Linear Stepper Motor.
3Ders can find NEMA17 Threaded Rod Stepper Motors are used in a Makerbot or Reprap.
Tr8*8 150mm or 280mm long Leadscrew are talked the most for 3d printer Z axis. Compared with combination: NEMA 17 Stepper Motor, Coupler and Metric Screw, a Threaded Shaft Nema 17 are much better in quality. The results of the printing is different in night and day.
You could read more the following link:
Z Motor setup comparison
Metric Screw is material in 45# carbon steel usually. But a Threaded Rod from LoopMotion.com is #304 stainless steel.

How Much a Threaded Shaft Nema 17 Stepper Motor?
How much costs a threaded rod nema17, it's mainly depend on the Length of the Leadscrew, the Diameter, the pitch etc.
A nema17 threaded shaft stepper motor with 280mm Tr8*8 leadscrew and POM nut, sample price costs 30USD/pc.
Tr8*8 is not the only choice of Leadscrew for 3d printer. But Tr8*8 is strong enough for any projects using a threaded rod nema17.

www.robotdigg.com
Re: Threaded Rod NEMA 17
July 04, 2013 11:30PM
July 30, 2013 03:27AM
Some users are looking for a Nema17 with 5mm threaded rod 300mm long.
Is it neccessary?
RobotDigg will bring it to standard offer.
July 30, 2013 09:16AM
Probably for Prusa I3 which use 5mm threaded rods as Z drive. Afaik.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
May 07, 2015 04:32AM
They never did bring this to market and I wrote to them asking recently. You can't even get them to custom cut for you their motor + 5mm either nor will they sell just the 5mm ACME. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2015 05:45AM by Dark Alchemist.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login