Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Robots and 3D Printing :-)

Posted by imwhoim54 
Robots and 3D Printing :-)
January 13, 2017 12:51AM
Hey All!

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but I'll put it here anyway...

After finally getting my 3D printer up and running, I am left with a number of the RepRap Full Graphic Display units. While I am build my robot (or 3) I would love to use this display in them. Does anyone know where I can get any information on how to use the display (memory card, controller, beeper) In a project other than a RepRap printer?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Don W.
Re: Robots and 3D Printing :-)
January 13, 2017 02:14AM
I moved that thread in a more fitting subforum, you'll get more answers here.

Is this the display you are talking about ? [reprap.org]
Note the difference between RepRap (we, the community, this reprap.org site) and RepRapDiscount (maker and seller of parts for reprap machines).

Can you tell us a little more about your skillset ? Ideally if you can program a bit you could read the code that use those displays in the existing firmwares code, and adapt it to your needs.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
January 13, 2017 02:56AM
Try here [forum.arduino.cc]. The LCD used in those displays are standard 12864 displays with ST7920 controller chips. The usual software library for driving them is u8glib.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 13, 2017 12:27PM
Thanks Guys!

I've been in computer for about 30 years now... been out a while (was my job now retired) now getting back into it. dc42 has given me the info I need though...
Thanks again for your help!

Don
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login