Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu: Sanguino + Pololus - Rev 0.7 hot smiley

Posted by joe m 
Re: Sanguinololu: Sanguino + Pololus - Rev 0.7 hot smiley
April 04, 2011 11:30AM
It's a limitation of the motors you are using. Your drivers can provide incredibly fast signals, so fast that the motors can't keep up. That's why if you used the default reprap firmware and only changed pin assignments and tried to run the z axis it would ramp up so fast that the motors would stall. This had me confused when I first started too.
April 04, 2011 11:41AM
If that was the case, then the axis wouldn't go the exact distance since it would be missing steps. When I issue a G1 X200 F6000 command from the home position, it goes all the way to the end regardless of the speed. With 1/8 steps, it takes 2 seconds with the stop watch. With 1/16 steps, it takes a little less than 4 seconds. The only way to explain this is that the MB is not sending the step pulses fast enough. At 1/16 steps, firmware is set to 80.376 steps/mm. So, this works out to 80.376steps/mm X 52 mm/s = 4180 steps/s as the maximum for the MB/firmware. Is this a firmware or microcontroller issue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2011 01:01PM by brnrd.
April 04, 2011 02:46PM
No, you are correct. When you go from 1/8 stepping to 1/16 stepping without changing any settings it would take twice as long. You are essentially doubling the steps per mm when you do that so using the same settings for both configurations will indeed cause the time difference. This sounds like a software issue. Try changing F6000 to F12000 and you should see the problem disappear if the motors can keep up. I don't have any experience with MB so I can't confirm whether it will work or where you should fix your settings if it does.
April 04, 2011 03:27PM
When I change the Pololu jumpers, I also change the firmware steps per mm to be consistent. If I didn't do that, the x or y axis will not move 200 mm when issued the command G1 X200 F6000 or G1 Y200 F6000. As I wrote, the only difference is that at 1/16 steps, it takes about twice as long to get there even though I gave the same feed rate. Increasing F further has no effect at 1/16 steps.
April 04, 2011 03:40PM
wow, sorry of course you are right, I don't know where my head is today.
April 04, 2011 08:22PM
For easy making PCB, Who help One Side hole design?
Double side is not easy at home.
April 05, 2011 04:04AM
If you look for a set of electronics designed for DIY, you might want to have a look at Gen7.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

April 10, 2011 04:24AM
joe
The Sanguinololu is a wonderful board! Thanks!

Do you have a recommendation for firmware to use? Or even better a firmware that you've already configured for the Sanguinololu?

Thanks again!
Luke
April 11, 2011 11:27PM
Luke, this should work with any firmware in which you can adjust the pin assignments, and which works with axis home switches instead of dual endstops.

A dedicated firmware is in the works, keep an eye on the wiki for more info.
May 03, 2011 04:09PM
We have a large order of Sanguinololu 1.1 boards for sale. $11 includes shipping in the US. Paypal with shipping address to joemosfet@gmail.com
May 03, 2011 06:03PM
Also, the boards are available for worldwide distribution on [www.emakershop.com] in both a bare PCB and complete w/ components.
May 06, 2011 07:05PM
I presume that for the full kit (sans Pololus), the $15 for shipping would be enough to get it down to Auckland, New Zealand?
June 02, 2011 02:10PM
I designed a coaster for Sanguinololu V1.0

Its available @ [www.thingiverse.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2011 02:12PM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver

July 13, 2011 08:47AM
Hi Joe,

Your listing on eMaker for v1.2 boards has disappeared. Are you temporarily out of stock?

I'm in the process of creating a RS Parts List (Mouser.com is great, but has a min order value of £50 for free shipping to the UK) and noticed a few discrepancies comparing:
http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=a6555e5407
with:
https://github.com/mosfet/Sanguinololu/blob/master/rev1.1/parts.txt -
a few things appear to be mis-labeled in the Mouser 'Customer Part No.' field:

Line 1 Mouser: Resistor 1.5K
should read: R1 Resistor 1.5K

Line 3 Mouser: R1 Resistor 1K
should read R7,8 Resistor 1K

Line 5 Mouser: R11 Resistor 10K
should read: R6,11 10K

Minor details, but a bit confusing for those of us just starting out.
@hairykiwi

If you could post the RS parts list it would be highly useful. I'm in the uk as well and was just about to start sourcing the parts smiling smiley
July 25, 2011 03:50PM
@Cynar

I gave up, temporarily, with the RS BOM. It was taking too much time while I was away from home on a 9" netbook screen. Instead, I ordered double quantities from Mouser to qualify for free shipping. I'd be happy to sell you the other half of my order at cost (£25.39)+ nominal P&P for UK registered delivery. (I bought a v1.1 board from UK ebay with the FT232RL FTDI IC already soldered, hence-why that chip is not included.) Here's what I have to sell you: Sanguino Project Complete v1.1 - less FTDI - HM PM me if interested.

I'd still be interested in contributing a RS and/or Farnell BOM, but right now I just want to get my first Prusa Mendel up and running.

Cheers, Hamish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 03:53PM by hairykiwi.
August 04, 2011 08:50AM
Does anyone have their BOM saved for mouser or digikey? The project that had been saved is no longer available, and I was hoping to save a few hours of searching.
August 04, 2011 11:06AM
Before you start buying components, is the PCB still available? It's "sold out" on both eMAKERshop and XYZ Printers.

If you can't find it, Gen7 is a similar design.
August 04, 2011 11:40AM
I actually got the board on the first run, I didn't order the parts from mouser because I was going to check against digikey about price differences, but now that mouser project BOM is 404.
August 05, 2011 03:44AM
Here is my BoM for Sanguinololu 1.3A [www.mouser.com]

The only thing you will need to edit is the 10 pin male header. I have it set to 16 instead of 8. I have been working on completing a Dual DigiKey and Mouser BoM Spreadsheet. I just need to finalize some things and I will add it to the Wiki. I also think Joem_ will have some of the PCBs and Kits back in stock very soon.

Charles Gantt.
Build blog [themakersworkbench.com] <---- my personal site
Build worklong [www.thebestcasescenario.com]
Hi i bougt a "make it red" kit with sanguino 1.3a, atmega 644a, poloulos and nema 17.from xyzprinters last spring and soldered it. but havent got time to assemble my repstrap unitll now.
but i wonder if there are some software kit to download prepared for my stuf? It looks (f,ex in teacup)like mandarin with all too short instructions for peparations and a lot of weird references and uppdate versions that my little bear brain cant sort out.. .

Please help....
September 07, 2013 04:56AM
Hi all, I am a complete newby I bought my red self assembly kit from Ebay scitechsupplies made it up as per wiki all seems fine, when i plug in to usb the led lights, I installed the FTDI driver but I canot connect to the board with either ardurino 0023 or pronterface, the bootloader is supposed to be pre-installed but my doubts are growing so I tried to burn the bootloader again useing ardurino 0023 with the result of an error message to the tone of cant find atmega1284p. in ardurino my board is set to sanguino with atmega 1284P com port 8 and th burn process errors out as said.
Any suggestions please.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login