Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dfrdwuino

Posted by dissidence 
dfrdwuino
January 21, 2010 02:41PM
i was wondering if any one out there has tried these guys, it is dfrobot DFRduino saving money is one thing i have to do to the best of my ability so i think i am going to use this guy, it is a little cheaper, i would rather support the arduino guys if i could but i do have to keep my budget has tight has i can.

dost not help me much when i don't even have a good soldering iron too. but i will fix that soon i hope with some of my tax returns

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: dfrdwuino
June 22, 2010 06:38PM
I'm also thinking on buying a DFRduino Mega instead of an arduino mega.

Basically they seem identical... eye rolling smiley

Have you bought one or you just purchased an arduino mega to be sure?

Cheers from Greece,
John
June 22, 2010 10:13PM
so far it has been a really good board to me, it is the exact same just a different color, but so far it is the same. about the only issue i have had with it has been the usb connector and power connecter seem to limit the use on some proto boards, but that is not a fault of this maker i think there are a few others out there too that use the same parts,

but ya so far i am more than happy with mine. has worked good for me. i hope i am not the odd one out..lol

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
June 23, 2010 05:01AM
Hey, thanks for the fast reply! smiling bouncing smiley

That really good news for me, because the price of the dfrduino is really good compared to an arduino mega!

I'll start with my duemilanove to test the motor etc and then I'll order a dfrduino!

Have a great day! smileys with beer
John
June 24, 2010 04:39PM
Another alternative: the Seeeduino Mega is US$39.50 from NKC Electronics... different board form factor, so Mega shields will not work, but as long as you know this, it seems great. I have Joaz' Reprap firmware running in mine...

Jonathan
June 24, 2010 05:44PM
Hello Jonathan! smiling smiley

I tried to find the Seeeduino Mega @ nkc electronics, but then I realized that they ship from the states so shipping to Greece will include customs costs etc and it will be too expensive... (Seeduino Mega)

I was thinking ordering from here, which is about $32,66 and the shipping to Greece is really cheap because they have their company located in uk...

Do you have any problems with Joaz' firmware? I guess you are using 4 pololu stepper drivers or not?

Have a great day, smileys with beer
John
June 24, 2010 06:56PM
The dfrduino should work fine, if it is cheaper for you,go for it. I'm in California, which is why I picked a USA-based supplier smiling smiley

Compiling, uploading, running and playing with Joaz' firmware has gone fine for me. Being a core team member, I'd prefer to be using "official" firmware as my starting point, but for now I'll use whatever variant works!

Click on my signature below this post to see my build status -- I don't yet have stepper controllers (unless you count the old Gen1 boards!); Pololu A4983s are one option, the other is a 4-axis Chinese CNC board from ebay (roughly same cost as a homebrew Pololu-based solution, and comes already assembled and with a fan and heatsink already in place). I expect to make that decision in the next few days.

Jonathan
June 24, 2010 08:23PM
i would buy right from seed [www.seeedstudio.com]
there shipping is cheap, and registered i have orderd a few things from them already and so far no issues at all

and if you look at my blog you can see my arduino mega pololu driver board that i am trying to make

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login