Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help with twitching steppers

Posted by Hallestman 
help with twitching steppers
July 26, 2013 12:31AM
i am building a prusa mendel i3 with sanguino 1.3a and everything was working perfectly when all the motors decided to stop working. whenever i use the manual controls with repetier host all the motors do is twitch in all directions. they where working fine before. i am using sprinter firmware i just re did all the wiring to see if it was that but it wasn't. Any suggestions? confused smiley
Re: help with twitching steppers
July 26, 2013 05:18PM
Is it possible that something happened to your power supply and the motors are not getting enough power? Can you try a different power supply and check that the power cables have good connection?
July 26, 2013 06:27PM
so i tried a new power supply it was a 250 watt 12volt-14amp and the motors twitched just as much as with the other power supplysad smiley
July 29, 2013 06:35PM
Does the hotend heater and thermistor work correctly?

Have you tried a different firmware or at least re-uploading the one you use currently?
July 30, 2013 03:02PM
the heater and thermistor for both the heat bed and the extruder head both work fine and read 26 degrees Celsius at room temperature. and i have re uploaded the firmware several times and changed some variable i believed caused the problem to no avail. I am using sprinter firmware
July 30, 2013 09:04PM
I assume your stepper drivers are good, you mentioned they worked at some point, it would be highly unlikely they all burned out at the same time.

Since you have temperature reading and host communication, your microcontroller should also be fine.

Is it possible that while you were working on the firmware you accidentally modified the pin assignments? Can you try marlin just to see if it works?
July 31, 2013 10:02AM
YUSS I fixed it! with your help of course. I put a fresh copy of sprinter on and it worked. thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login