Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Panelou & Sanguino setup ?

Posted by Mickman 
Panelou & Sanguino setup ?
July 11, 2013 12:13PM
I'm trying to connect a new Panelou2 LCD to my Sanguino board 1284p (with onboard MARLIN )

So how do I get the Sanguino to recognize Panelou LCD board ??

I read that I need to use Arduino .23 to load firmware.... but my Sanguino already has Marlin.....s o I have now altered the Marlin configuration.h file by uncommenting #Panelou2 & then uploaded the file via Arduino.

I think there is another step I must take to actually have the Saguino board recognise the Panelou2 LCD board... yes ?

note: I can move the Prusa i3's motors using Repetier ( in manual mode )

I still need to calibrate the Prusa i3 printer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2013 07:41AM by Mickman.
Re: Panelou & Sanguino setup ?
July 14, 2013 10:12PM
I'm using the latest arduino 1.05 for compiling marlin. Actually I believe 1.x+ is required for the latest marlin (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong winking smiley ).

I don't have the same lcd, but looks like all you need is uncomment this line in Configuration.h:

//#define LCD_I2C_PANELOLU2

so it looks like this:

#define LCD_I2C_PANELOLU2
July 16, 2013 07:55AM
I read somewhere on the RepRap forum that Panelou requires Arduino 0.23 ( not v1 + ) I had Arduino v1.0 but decided to load 0.23 instead

yup I uncommented the line #define LCD_I2C_PANELOLU2

but it still won't do anything when I plug in the Panelou to my Sanguino

Not sure what's happening sad smiley

I'm not sure about the Sanguino board as it came with Marlin firmware embedded on the board. So is it possible to access the firmware or do I have to over write it ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 08:00AM by Mickman.
July 16, 2013 12:01PM
Yes, you have to replace the firmware on your sanguino. There is an upload button in the arduino ide tool bar (arrow pointing right), that sends the new firmware to the board.
July 16, 2013 04:11PM
Thx for the reply...

I have Arduino running but before I upload Marlin firmware I have errors when I compile in Arduino, so it won't let me upload sad smiley

This Panelou board requires changes to Marlin's Configuration.h file.... but then Arduino throws an error

I'm wondering if other users are having any similar problems with the Panelou2 board & alterations to configuration.h to accept the Panelou2 board ?

Any help would be appreciated as this is starting to drive me nuts.. confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 04:16PM by Mickman.
July 16, 2013 04:33PM
You need Arduino 1.x. Make sure you install the sanguino 1.x patch from here.

You also need the LiquidTWI2 library, as described in Configuration.h.

If after this you still have compile errors, post it here.

If you can compile, but can't upload because verification fails, you have the wrong bootloader on the Sanguino. There are threads on how to fix that in this forum.
July 23, 2013 04:43AM
Hi,

[UPDATE]
I have contacted the Panelou2 seller (from e-bay ) They sent me a zip file with both Arduino 0.23 + Marlin 1.0 all setup.

note: Their support is very good .. .they have contacted me throughout this ordeal & have even sent out an actual DvD with data on it. Excellent seller...

I tried changing the configuration.h file's port setting from 0 to 3 ( my usb port is on 3) but I notice if I change any settings in this file it will not longer compile so I left them all standard. I then compiled and it was successful... I then uploaded the firmware to my Panelou2 board.

I now see characters in the Panelou2 LCD screen. I can also attach a fan and control it from within Repetier. smiling smiley

I am yet to disconnect my computer and run a print... this I presume involves sending g-code to the Mini SD Card located on the Panelou2 board.

I loaded one object & sliced it in Repetier... ready for printing. I can see the name in the Panelou2 LCD.

I sure hope adding the fan will help alleviate the issues I have with filament not sticking to the heatbed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2013 04:48AM by Mickman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login