Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help from the word GO..confused smiley

Posted by g0t0 
Help from the word GO..confused smiley
May 19, 2013 02:44AM
Hello all,

This is my first time working with a 3d printer. I bought a Prusa i3 with the 1.3a board on it. I've put it together, plugged my board to the USB, installed Arduino 1.0.5 and copied the sanguino folder to its hardware folder......Now i dont know where to go from here. My computer doesnt recognize it, my motors don't go whiiirr.... and unlike the previous topic, I DO get an LED light when the USB is plugged in. I cant find a good source of instructions that gets me from after building it, to calibration. Can someone help me figure this out?

Also, How can I see if theres actually power going to the board? I get 11.45v coming out of the power supply.

NVM about the last question. LED comes on when power is applied.

Thanks in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2013 02:51AM by g0t0.
Re: Help from the word GO..confused smiley
May 31, 2013 01:17PM
Easiest is if it already has firmware on it. Did the seller say what was programmed? If you know the firmware and baud rate then you can get pronterface or other control software and try it out.

If not hopefully at least there is a bootloader. You just need to know which bootloader and what frequency the crystal is. Then in Arduino you set the board to your bootloader/chip (something like Sanguino on 1284P at 16Mhz ) Then you should be able to load the firmware of your choice. Have you looked at the Sanguinololu wiki page?

If no bootloader is burned then you will likely want to buy an AVR programmer to burn the bootloader with.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login