Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USBasp to Sanguino 1.3b Wiring.

Posted by Leo94 
USBasp to Sanguino 1.3b Wiring.
May 14, 2013 02:07AM
Hey Everyone,

I haven't been having much success with my Sanguino 1.3b as I am unable to upload any firmware. I was told that the problem may have something to do with the bootloader and a possible solution would be to burn a new one to the board. I was also told the the most simple way of doing that would be to use a USBasp.

My problem is that I'm not sure how to connect it correctly to the board, I have tried to work it out using the information on the wiki but I didn't have much luck.

I took a some pictures of the pin layout on the USBasp and on the board:

Main Board
USBasp Front
USBasp Back

From what I can see:

USBasp - Sanguinololu

MOSI - MOSI
MC - ???
RST - RESET
SCK - SCK
MISO - MISO
VCC - ???

I could be completely wrong but it was worth ago grinning smiley

As you may have worked out I'm not very knowledgeable on electronics so I'm just wondering if someone could tell me how exactly I should connect the USBasp to the Board. I think I know how to connect most of them but there are a few I'm not sure about.

Thanks in advance,
Leo.
Re: USBasp to Sanguino 1.3b Wiring.
May 14, 2013 08:23AM
Is it possible you have an ATmega1284P on your Sanguinololu? USBasp is known to be limited to chips with 64k Flash or less.

That said, using a programmer, you can upload a firmware directly, without bootloader. Up to the 64k limit, even on bigger chips.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

STB
Re: USBasp to Sanguino 1.3b Wiring.
May 14, 2013 02:52PM
1.3b is definitely using a ATmega1284b as Controller.

Taken from the Wiki:

Version 1.3b - Updated April 4, 2012
With this revision the Sanguinololu is updated with SMT components, leaving more room on the board for more connectors and singleside mount. The board is fully compatible with the previous version and the pin assignments remain the same.
The hardware changes:
The Atmel ATMEGA644P is changed to Atmel ATMEGA1284p SMT version, leaving much more room on the board.
MOSFET changed to SMT versions capable of 76A drain current!
The Molex HDD connector is back on the board.
3 pin terminal for both +5V, +12V and GND connections.
Connectors for both 3pin Opto Endstops or 4pin Mechanical Endstops. 5V or 12V.

Grüße / Regards

STB

Basics about MOSFETs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login