Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Running sanguinololu 1.3a on 24V

Posted by wixi 
Running sanguinololu 1.3a on 24V
July 28, 2012 06:58PM
I've got a 24 Volt PSU. A quick check on [www.pololu.com] tells me that you can run the Pololu stepper drivers (Vmot) at 8-35V. The drivers regulate the voltage as well, so I should just have to worry about Vref.

So I think this should be ok in theory, anyone have any practical experiences? Is there any unforeseen problems that might haunt me if I do feed the Sanguinololu board 24V?
Re: Running sanguinololu 1.3a on 24V
July 29, 2012 01:40AM
It will work fine, though the 5V regulator might get quite hot as it would have to dissipate 19V as opposed to 7V. Also, you have to increase the resistance of the hot-end heater and the heated bed, otherwise they will draw far too much power. And you won't be able to power 12V fans off of it directly. As long as you keep these things in mind there's no reason you can't run it on 24V.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
May 17, 2013 03:53AM
Hello,

Running on 24v, would we have anything to change in the temperature PID settings?

Thanks

Paul
STB
May 17, 2013 11:13AM
Paul67 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
>
> Running on 24v, would we have anything to change
> in the temperature PID settings?
>
> Thanks
>
>
> Paul

Might be necessary but it is easy, Marlin can do this for you:

Calibrate Hotend & Heatbed

Hotend calibration at 230°C : M303 S230
Heatbed calibration at 90°C: M303 E-1 C8 S90

Write down Kp Ki and Kd values. Put them into the sourcecode Configuration.h at line 130.. (Hotend) and 170.. (Heatbed). Make sure, that #define PIDTEMPBED in line 157 and #define PIDTEMP in line 119 is uncommented.

Grüße / Regards

STB

Basics about MOSFETs
May 18, 2013 02:04AM
I ran mine at 19v for a little seemed to be ok but I went back to 12v as the atx power supply was more versitile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login