Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

unknown messages in ponterface

Posted by User17625 
unknown messages in ponterface
June 24, 2013 04:56PM
After creating my .STL file and using ponterface(Slicr) to generate G-Code file, I try to 3D print and it doesn't, however instead I get a list of temperature/E:0/Wmoody smiley readings. How do I find out why it is not printing and what ponterface is saying?
Attachments:
open | download - ponterface pic.jpg (79.8 KB)
Re: unknown messages in ponterface
June 24, 2013 06:17PM
It is waiting for the temperature to stabilise but it never does. When the temperature reaches the target the W counter starts counting down but in your case it is being reset when the temperature goes of range.

Looks like you need to tune the PID constants.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 25, 2013 12:21AM
Just to help you out IF you are using marlin, you can try its autotune feature. Do not turn on the hot end. With it still cold, enter the gcode command M303. It will heat things up and try to zero in on your PID values. After a while, it will give you a suggested set of values. Use g code M301 to set them. That should be a good starting point, you might want to fine tune from there.

Don't forget to either put your new values into your source code, or commit them to EPROM (if you have EPROM enabled)
June 25, 2013 10:24PM
Thanks!
June 27, 2013 08:56PM
I've been meaning to do some PID tuning myself. This blog entry is what made me think of it, which has basically, the same steps, but with some extra detail.

Marlin Tuning

1st working printer: Printrbot Plus v1 (built from kit, not pre-assembled) with Super-Z upgrade.
2nd printer currently under construction: Printrbot Plus v2 frame, with RAMPS electronics and TrinityLabs.com Magma hot end.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login